Monday, December 12, 2016

A Very Unexpected Thing Happened

Meet Daisy
I don't know what it is this time of year but strange things happen all the time. I cannot explain beyond that. But trust me - if it is DECEMBER and close to CHRISTMAS, something usual and not necessarily sad, will happen.

So I was going about my business on Saturday, as usual when the doorbell rang. Hmmmm, I thought. I am not expecting anyone. And I wasn't! I was all snuggled down on Mommy's lap for a nap figuring this was about as good as it was going to get.

So I let it be known that I, Noodles the Pug, was at home and their presence, though unexpected, was certainly welcome. Best to let folks know where they stand right away. But when the humans opened the door, there stood Little Un's friend from school, with her Mom AND this tiny dog. What is going on? I thought. So I got up to investigate. I said my hellos to the humans and made myself very cute and adore-worthy. All the while, Molly was barking and barking and , , , more barking. She just would not calm down and assess the situation.

After a little while of hellos and how are yas, the strange humans left and the little dog remained. Um. . . Mommy, I said. Did they forget something? No my Mommy quick;y told me - this is Daisy and she is here to visit. But, but, but. . . I stammered. I don't know her at all, I said only slightly whiney.

Oh Noodles . . . she is testing us out because her family needs a family to watch over her at Christmas time. So be nice and show her around. I kinda didn't, though. Daisy sat on the stairs for a long time before she was brave enough to wander. Then when she was brave enough, she was everywhere. I kept hearing "No, Daisy. . . no Daisy. . ." over and over. She is one curious pup. Generally, though, we did not play together at all. In fact, we kind of kept our distance and she found a nice place where she could feel safe and at home - usually on someone's lap. That was okay. I know she must have been scared. We kept out distance for the most part and I only exerted myself once or twice to let her know MY MOMMYS' laps were OFF-LIMITS!

So there you have it. Daisy, a 7 year old Yorkie that MIGHT weigh 8 pounds is going to be our houseguest from Christmas Eve until New Years. I am not sure if I am excited about it but I am not opposed to it either. She is a nice pup, although she is definitely higher energy than either Molly or myself. It will be interesting to see how Sunshine interacts (or doesn't) with her. She spent ALL DAY Saturday hiding in Aunt T's room.

4 comments:

Robin + Christmas said...

Daisy might be stealing everyone's hearts and laps, but don't worry, you're their real queen, Noodles!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Consider it your good deed to get to the TOP of the Nice List!

Anonymous said...

It's that time of year. You get to be the gracious, loving pug that you are. Daisy will be so lonely without her peeps she will need you to be her friend. And your mommies know who's closest to their hearts (and the cutest). Merry and bright!

Daisy and Scooter Pugman

Murphy said...

We are sure you will have fun playing with her!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley