I live in SUNNY wonderful CALIFORNIA. Aside from the crowded freeways, occasional smog (thanks SF) and nearly broke CITY government, it is PARADISE. This time of year (late Spring to Summer) is especially fine as we still cling to those AGRARIAN roots of ours so FRUIT is abundant and fresh. In MY yard there are two APRICOT trees. Once is an early ripening variety and the other a late variety. WHY is this IMPORTANT? Well, because it means we have apricots through most of the summer.
If you have never tried an APRICOT, then lemme tell you - YUMMMMMMMM!!!! Try one today.
I am an expert APRICOT snarfer. Because I do my bidness in the backyard, I am often the first one to notice when the APRICOTS are ripe (they start to fall to the ground). I had snarfed yummy morsels for a couple of WEEKS before then humans noticed and started HARVESTING the 'cots off the ground. So I have to share now. But we all know I am a MAJOR SHARER, so it is okay. I get plenty. . . almost too plenty as I have had to HIDE a couple of tummy aches from Mommy #2.
I am going to reveal to you, my Blogville FURiends, the gentle art of APRICOT SNARFING. Here goes
To SNARF and APRICOT one must
- Snuffle around the yard until a ripe (or nearly ripe) APRICOT is found
- Take your RIGHT or LEFT paw and move it away from the pack
- Touch your nose to the 'COT and savor its rich aroma
- Maneuver your muzzle around until your mouth is placed just over the 'COT
- Go at it with all your SOUL
- Lick your CHOPS to get all the sweet nectar
|See the orange in my 500th Post Cakelet?|
Could it be APRICOT???