Thursday, June 14, 2012

How to SNARF an Apricot











I live in SUNNY wonderful CALIFORNIA. Aside from the crowded freeways, occasional smog (thanks SF) and nearly broke CITY government, it is PARADISE. This time of year (late Spring to Summer) is especially fine as we still cling to those AGRARIAN roots of ours so FRUIT is abundant and fresh. In MY yard there are two APRICOT trees. Once is an early ripening variety and the other a late variety. WHY is this IMPORTANT? Well, because it means we have apricots through most of the summer.

If you have never tried an APRICOT, then lemme tell you - YUMMMMMMMM!!!! Try one today.

I am an expert APRICOT snarfer. Because I do my bidness in the backyard, I am often the first one to notice when the APRICOTS are ripe (they start to fall to the ground). I had snarfed yummy morsels for a couple of WEEKS before then humans noticed and started HARVESTING the 'cots off the ground. So I have to share now. But we all know I am a MAJOR SHARER, so it is okay. I get plenty. . . almost too plenty as I have had to HIDE a couple of tummy aches from Mommy #2.

I am going to reveal to you, my Blogville FURiends, the gentle art of APRICOT SNARFING. Here goes

To SNARF and APRICOT one must

  1. Snuffle around the yard until a ripe (or nearly ripe) APRICOT is found
  2. Take your RIGHT or LEFT paw and move it away from the pack
  3. Touch your nose to the 'COT and savor its rich aroma
  4. Maneuver your muzzle around until your mouth is placed just over the 'COT
  5. Go at it with all your SOUL
  6. Lick your CHOPS to get all the sweet nectar
See the orange in my 500th Post Cakelet?
Could it be APRICOT???

9 comments:

Payton's mom said...

You are living every pug's dream, Noodles...a food producer in your very back yard! Glad you get to have a few all to yourself.
Love,
Christy

Amanda said...

Noodles, you are definitely an expert at snarfing yummy treats! We did not know doggies could have apricots, thanks!

-Erik, Amanda, and Bosley

Unknown said...

Noodles , apricots lovely and I bet they taste better than here where they are tasteless. Lucky you. Pop by and say hello sometime!
best wishes Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

We are going to pick some from our friends tree this weekend!
Benny & Lily

Doggie Valentino and Kubrick 9 said...

Hey, we have apricots too! I don't like them much... but my brother K9 ate a couple of green ones, cause he eats pretty much anything and everything in sight. LOL

Tucker and Lola said...

I think I have it down pat Noodles, now I just have to find me one of those cot's somewhere....

Vivian said...

Noodles, be careful with the nut in the apricot, some say what's inside the nut can give pups tummy ache or worse. We chopped down our tree because of that.

My 500th post on my blog is coming up next week, I sure wish I have someone as cute as you to celebrate with!

Frank The Tank said...

Owww that sounds like heaven, Mum would love a fruit tree in our garden! Those apricots look so very mouthwateringly tasty and the thought of you snuffling around after the fallen apricots in your garden makes me giggle, I would love it! Love, Licks and Hugs from your furiend Frank x x x x x

House-O-Pugs said...

Our plum tree's branches are so heavy with plums they are touching the ground! we have started to pick green plums off, they are pretty ucky and Mommy doesn't like that we are doing that. once the plums are ripe it will be a contest as to who can get to the plums first!

Rufus and Angus