Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Losing My Girlish Figure - Is It Worth It?

I have received this food free in exchange for my
HONEST opinion. My opinions are my own and
I have received no other compensation.
Love Sunshine


So as you know, I have been a recent recipient of all things CHEWY.COM - much to my sisteroids' displeasure. Where they get all barky and silly when something arrives for them, I am quietly pleased and inwardly gloating. Case in point the photo above. That is me looking excited about the BOUNTY beside me.

So this is what I received from the venerable purveyor, Chewy.com:

Merrick Purrfect Bistro Grain-Free Shredded Grammy's Pot Pie Canned Cat Food


Like all of Merrick's fine foods, both Grammy's Pot Pie and Surf & Turf Pate are made with Merrick's "Five-Star Standard" which includes real whole foods locally sourced (when possible). And they cook the food as little as possible to ensure the healthful benefits of that food are retained.

This sounds quite thrilling to me - as a cat, I am infinitely interested in the healthful benefits of what I am fed. (Unlike those DOGS I live with who only care that it is ((marginally)) edible!)

So, I must say, WHY a DOG???


I asked, quite loudly, "Chewy.com - Why should I, Sunshine the Cat, choose Merrick over the other FINE brands you carry?"
Well, diplomatically they answered:

Merrick is a company that has been in the pet food business since 1988. Over their decades of service, they have consistently produced healthful products at the highest possible level of excellence. 

Okay, I'll TRY it if only for that reason alone.

First I tried the Seafood Pate. It was fragrant and the texture was like fine tuna. But I have to admit, I was not BOWLED over by the meal. I kept after it. . . for an hour and a half I kept at it. So it WAS tasty to some extent. It just wasn't my cuppa, you know? I am not too keen on seafood, unfortunately.

Second I tried  Grammy's Pot Pie. Although the name is reminiscent of a DOG food, I have to admit I found the pleasant poultry aroma, fine not flaky texture, and the TASTE much more to MY liking. I ate it lickety-split with not even a sliver left in my bowl. It was, a success, I dare say.

All in all, my experiment was quite the successful one. I had 2 more meals worth of samples and I did indeed eat them all up. I am a little worried about one side effect of my MERRICK PURRFECT BISTRO extravaganza, though. . .

It seems my expanding bottom now resembles a
bowling ball.


For more Merrick Purrfect Bistro choices AND other cat products, visit www.chewy.com today.

ONE MORE THING    ---------->>>>>>>>>>>>>  
CHEWY.COM OCTOBER GIVEAWAY:

CHEWY.COM will have a monthly blogger giveaway with the three prizes (first, second and third place). The giveaway will be extended into the first week of November to include Halloween fun this month, so the end date will be November 7th, 2013. 
SIGN UP BELOW  |
                                |
                               V

3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

We love all things Chewy
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Wow you said this all perfectly!
love
tweedles

Frank The Tank said...

Sunshine your review was excellent, I love the photo of your bowloing ball behind but I think you are one sexy fuzzy looking kitteh! Love your furiend Frank xxxxx