Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pugs are Polarizing





Have you ever noticed that there are pug people and non-pug people? From my vantage point, there is no in-between. You either LOVE PUGS or you simply DON'T.

Next time you are at a doggy (or kitty) play date, take note of the HUMAN behavior - especially if there is a PUG present. I am sure that you attend these once in a while.

In my experience, I have found that there are those who will SQUEAL (yes, I mean really squeal) with delight whenever I walk in the gate. And these same people will try to spirit me over to their laps (sometimes with treats . . . they always ask Mommy first). Once I am there, they FAWN over my soft fur, stroke and smell my velvety ears, and COO over my liquidy brown eyes. They cannot get enough of me.

Then there are the OTHER humans who kind of wrinkle up their noses when I come by (Hey! I smell like a DOG and not a like a beauty shop [Molly] maven). They lift their feet if I come walking around them AND they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS start making a HUGE todo about Molly.

Now I am not saying that ALL non-pug owned people are the pug haters. Not at all! There are many DOG PEOPLE who happen to have other kinds of dogs and ALSO think PUGS RULE! Really. Those are my kinda people. They just love canines of all kinds and see the CUTENESS that is PUG.

It is just that there are those other HUMANS who just don't like pugs - no way around it. And I respect their right to not like PUGS. They are the ones who miss out.

Pugs are kind of like the BUTTAH of the pet world. They add that extra OOMPH to life.

6 comments:

stellaroselong said...

True.
stella rose

Julie said...

I is in the spirit you onto a lap and feed treats group....what's not to luffs about all your puggie gorgeousness????
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Our Peeps must be in the LOVE THE PUG group... Just sayin.

Two French Bulldogs said...

We love those squishy faces
Snorts,
Lily & Edward

Idaho PugRanch said...

Our mom has been referred to as a pugaholic! BOL! Nothing as cute as a pug for her. we do find that most people think we are cute but there are those that make fun of our smushed in faces.
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Pug Slope said...

Are you SURE there are actually non-pug people? It seems that every human I've encountered is more than ready to deliver butt scratches, belly rubs, and treats (if they have them!) at the first sign of a flat face and curly tail. :)

-Love,
Sid.