Friday, October 29, 2010

Yoo Need Some 'Splainin' Here

Tell me . . . does this look pathetic or WHAT? I am NOT talking the rally towel, either.

It all happened on Tuesday morning. I came in from doing my early morning bidness - all was well. Then I started rubbing my eye on things cuz it kinda hurt. Mommy said stop it but I didn't listen. I just looked at her, one eye pleading - the other squeezed shut really tightly and slightly swollen. Uh-oh, said Mommy. This can't be good.
So she grabbed a towel and wet it with nice cool water and placed it gently on my boo-boo eye. It felt so much better. I was able to open it.

Flash forward to dinner time.

Mommy comes home from work and promptly feeds me, as usual. I chow down IN A FLASH and run to finally say hi to her. But she looks at me all worried because I am listing to one side and clamping shut my eye. She scoops me up and takes me ALL THE WAY to the ER Vet.

Some ooohing and awwwing over my cuteness, tests and measures later I was declared healthy, happy and the bearer of a scratched cornea. A small surface scratch but painful.

I know you all KNOW the drill - FIVE DAYS of antibiotic ointment and the "CONE OF SHAME."

Oh the inhumanity.

Oh the mortification.

But it DOES lend itself to a totally RAD Halloween costume - DONTCHA THINK?


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

17 comments:

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

We hope your eye is feeling better in no time!! ...and your Halloween costume is perfect!! :)

Pugs & Kisses,

Yoda & Brutus

Two Pugs in a Pod said...

Aaaahahaha! You are the CUTEST bowl of Noodles I have ever seen! :)

Pup Fan said...

Aw, Noodles... hope you feel better soon! You do have the coolest costume on the block. (I'm totally giving you a shout out on my blog later today.)

Anonymous said...

Oh noodles - you look so tasty in your halloween costume!!! Watch out or someone might try to eat you. Although maybe if they just eat the cone, you'd be happy :)

Chrissi said...

Poor Noodles. Hope you feel better soon! By the way and nevertheless: This is a cute cute cute Halloween costume.
All the best
Mathilde

Corbin said...

OMGGGGGGG I love you as a bowl of noodles!!! Hope you're eye is feeling better soon!
-Corbin

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Ok seriously, cutest costume ever!!!! Hope the eyeball feels better soon!!!!

~The Monster Crew

dw said...

You really ARE a bowl of Noodles!!! Heeeeeeeee! Hope your booboo eye heals fast. Happy Howloween!!

Joan Princing Art said...

You are the BEST BOWL OF NOODLES EVER!!!!! We love it. So sorry about your eye. Hope it gets better really, really soon.
Sending you healing hugs and smiles,
Joan and Jane Austen Eyre

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Perfect costume! Did you do that on purpose? To get out of wearing your other one?

Hope you get well soon. Tallulah had an eye ulcer that took a while to heal. It's no fun doing all those drops.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh you poor baby. You can be a lamp for Halloween. Hope your eye is better
Benny & Lily

Suki said...

Oh No, you poor thing! Hope your eye feels better fast.

Suki

Hilary said...

Oh noodles... Feel better soon.....The cone is so uncomfortable, but at least you made the best of a bad situation....happy halloween!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

BOL ahhhhhhh this is a great costume for you Noodles! Oh its perfect! We guess everything happens for a reason. Happy Halloween and we hope the eye feels better super soon.

Hugs,
S&P

Noodles said...

Blogger Buddies
My eye is ALMOST back to normal. One more day of the cone - yay! Thank you for all your kind wishes for me.
Halloween ROCKS!!!
(I hear there are lots of treats involved)
Love Noodles

Wilma said...

I am glad your eye is feeling better. Let me tell you, I am sorry for your injury, but it has provided you with the best costume ever!

Kitty+Coco said...

Ok, you just showed us all up on the costumes. Seriously, you win hands down. Plus, you will for sure get sympathy treats galore! Hope your eye heals soon.

Kitty and Coco