Monday, March 20, 2017

March 20 Marks the First Day of Spring and. . . Hay Fever. . . and Spring Fever

Nothing to do with the blog - we just loves Chewy.com AND
this picture of us

So OFFICIALLY as of today - Spring has Sprung. It sure looks it in our yard. Look at all that green! Last year at this time there was a little green and the year before there was NO GREEN. We've got another rainy week on hand but despite a little grumbling, most people are really glad we have had a lot of rain. We can look forward to a little less water conservation (we should ALWAYS be mindful of how much water we use).

I don't know about you, but I get hay fever. You can't tell in most pictures because Mommy usually PRETTIES me up before she shoots. Once in a while a runny nose or goopy eye appears - but not often. This is one that "got away" and shows a little nost wetness.



Most of the time the grasses of SPRING, which is what I am really sensitive to, just makes me a little itchy and my tummy a bit spotty. Nothing major. NOT LIKE MOMMY. She gets all RUDOLPH the red nose reindeer NOSED and teary eyed like she was watching telenovelas. She sometimes takes allergy meds but normally she doesn't like to. She loves the grass and flowers. She loves the leafy trees. Me too. A sneeze or a runny nose is a small price to pay for such beauty.


Mostly though, I suffer from SPRING FEVER. All I want to do it sit in the sun and ponder the meaning of life. What IS the meaning of life, after all? I believe it is about enjoyment which leads to happiness. But not just any enjoyment. No, I mean the enjoyment of your surroundings and the people and pets within those surroundings. That is all you can really count on day to day - AMIRITE?

Make the first day of SPRING a day of AFFIRMATIONS. I am. 

Hey, I got a thought! I am gonna do another ONE HUNDRED for 2017. How about 100 AFFIRMATIONS? Yes. . . that is what I am gonna do. Look for it APRIL 1. . . and I am NOT FOOLING.

Enjoying the SUNLIGHT. Please ignore Mommy's
NAKED foot



7 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

Momma has been having those allergy thingies really bad this year too!

Two French Bulldogs said...

You should see mommy scratching my nose BOL
Lily & Edward

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE just ADORE Spring. Soooooo happy that it has FINALLY Sprung... the snow is now GONE from our Yard..in CELEBRATION of the coming of SPRING.
So Sorry that you have the HAY Fever stuffs. BUTT at least you have GREEN GRASS to look at and walk on.

Louis the Blogging Dog said...

happy Spring to you, noodles!
Your Furend,
Louis Dog Armstrong

Anonymous said...

Bask, bask, bask! The sun is so wonderful. Daisy is working on her tan already. Scooter is a basking pug. Enjoy your yard, the sun and your peeps. You are right! It's all about enjoying your surroundings.

Daisy and Scooter Pugman

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Thanks so much for visiting my kitty brother's blog today!!! (He is Cody!). We all just signed up to follow you! Barks and licks and love, Dakota DakotasDen

Andrea @ This Pug Life said...

We have used a product called Spring Tonic from Animal Apawthecary. Pug still needs Benadryl for the really bad days, but it takes the edge off. It's a liquid, I just squirt it right in his mouth with the dropper. But you can also add it to food.