Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Natural A/C

This is a doggie drinking fountain in MY PARK and has nothing to do with A/C.




I know many of you were stunned that my house MIGHT still have the A/C on and here it is October. Well, it IS in the EIGHTIES here although the nights are a lot cooler. Still, that is a little too cool for A/C in the house.

But not in the car which is where the picture in yesterday's post was taken. It is a Honda, after all. Even when the weatherperson sends us cooler weather like in the SEVENTIES it can get pretty hot in the car. So Mommy indulges me and turns on the A/C. She THINKS it calms me down - HAHA!!!

Beyond the regular A/C, I am lucky enough to live in a place with NATURAL AIR-CONDITIONING! Yes, the Bay Area is renown for it. It happens a  lot this time of year when the days are hot but the sun is moving away from the Earth in preparation for Winter. Frosty finger of FOG curl over the Santa Cruz Mountains in the afternoon cooling down the parched Bay Area. Sometimes it even lingers through the morning so the temps during the day don't climb quite so high yet don't get much cooler than mid-Seventies.

Natural A/C - for a PUG this is the best of all worlds. Yay Bay Area!!! I love you.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

We say yeah for AC too :)

Tucker and Lola said...

We still have our AC on here too Noodles.

Payton said...

It's cold here this week so we turned off the A/C and turned the heater on!
Love,
Payton

Kippy Marrie said...

Amiguinho querido... Que lindo voce está na foto. Como sempre.
Eu fui viajar na casa de meus avós e ganhei uma sapinha linda. Vê lá no meu blog o que voce acha.
Boa semana amiguinho fofo.
Fica com o Papai do Céu.
Aus da amiga do Brasil ...

KIPPY

Corbin said...

Jeepers, my AC hasn't been on since August!!!
-Corbin

Pug Slope said...

We had the A/C on at the end of last week, too. It was so muggy here it felt like a swamp.

You look really cute in that photo - even if it is unrelated to the post!

-Love,
Sid.

Unknown said...

Noodles... if you feel like putting the a/c on, then that's what you should do! Last week we had the air con on for a bit... this week we had the heating on for a bit instead!!
Natural a/c wins every time though, can't beat it :)

ERIN said...

its hot here too in So Cal. my little pug is OVER IT!
poor buddies :)

Kari in Alaska said...

We had one cool week then it shot back up here in Vegas :(

Stop of by for a visit!
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Anonymous said...

It is hot one day here and cold the next. But your right I love going outside for that natural AC!

woos, Tessa

Crabbie Chris said...

That damn fog isn't creeping over to the east bay yet! It's still too hot here even though I'm getting my winter coat in (aka a layer of fat). My 'rents hate the heat, so our AC is still on, fans are still blazing and shorts are still being worn. I can't wait until the winter comes....

P.S. where is your costume already?? Another Pug-O-Ween is this Sunday. I'm all over it with Spencer

Frank The Tank said...

I don't have AC at home! It's too cold here in Wales, I did put my heating on for the first time this week, its freezing, this puggy is going to turn in to a pug-cicle if it gets any colder! Love and pHUGS Frank x x x x x

Two French Bulldogs said...

We love the AC in our Honda too. Cool bowl you have there
Benny & Lily