Monday, August 27, 2012

Payton's Pink Present

I am perturbed in this photo. Notice the mouth.
Mind you, I LOVE the GORILLA!
I got a PACKAGE in the mail the other day. It was from my FURiend with wings, Angel Payton. Well, it was from her Mom who was acting in proxy for Angel Payton. See, Payton crossed the Rainbow Bridge earlier this year despite WINNING the battle against PDE. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Payton in some way because she was THAT SPECIAL to me. She was strong as they come and quite a fighter. She helped PUSH PDE research forward with her stalwart battle against it and SET BACK the advance of PDE itself by never giving in to the HORRIBLE disease (Click here for more information about this dreadful disease that attacks PUGS).

Anyhow . . . I received this package from Payton and when I opened it, there was the softest most sweetest GORILLA toy with a SQUEAKER that I have ever laid eyes on. You can see from the photo above just how adorable it is. I immediately HAD to play with it . . .  But here is the unusual part - I played with it for almost an hour straight! And the next morning, as soon as I got up, I started playing with it as well. This has gone on for quite a few days now. The toy is in my bed so I also sleep with it during the day when I am home alone. Well, not alone anymore because I feel like ANGEL PAYTON is right there with me.

So thanks Payton's Mommy and Daddy for sending me such a special and heartfelt present. I cannot wait to meet you this coming SUNDAY at Pug Sunday in San Francisco. I am gonna give you the biggest hugs and kisses ever.

This is what I WANTED to do before - NOT
pose for some dumb picture!

10 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Ah noodles dang it you made my mom and me cry for the third time today...that was so heartfelt of you to write about payton and how much that little pink gorilla means to you..
i think you sense payton anytime you are close to it so of course you want it by your side all the time....
oh noodles what joy to love a friend that much!
your buddy
stella rose

Unknown said...

Noodles,

What a lovely, thoughtful gift you received. I hope you enjoy many fun-filled days playing with your pink gorilla.

Your pal,
Oz

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Noodles, you're such a sweet thing, and we love your pink gorilla.

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tamara Watson said...

Hi Noodles!

Rupert is going to be at SF Pug Sunday too, and can't wait to meet you and Payton's people!

Tamara + Rupert

Pug Slope said...

Noodles, that is one SWEET toy! Those were also some very SWEET things you said about Payton. I miss her very much, too.

You're gonna love Payton's 'rents - they are really cool and know how to make a pug feel like a rock star. I got to meet them in the fur last Christmas. I hope you all have a blast at Pug Sunday. I can't wait to see some photos.

-Love,
Sid.

Two French Bulldogs said...

That is one special gift
Benny & Lily

Matilda the Boxer said...

Aww, what a meaningful prezzie you have! I'm sure it makes you feel very comforted. I don't blame you for being perturbed that you had to pose instead of play!

Minnie and Mack said...

Such a sweet post. We think of Angel Payton everyday, too.

We love Aunt Christy!

Drools and licks,
Minnie, Mack and foster Mario

Sammy and Neko said...

: ) but got little leaky again thinking about Payton.
Christy rocks !!

Suzy said...

Aunty Christie totally ROCKS! And tell mom to knock it off with the pics BEFORE you play with your new toy :)