I'm a PUG. And if any of you are familiar with PUGS, actually ARE pugs, or are OWNED by pugs, then you know all about the, um, BUTT problem.
No, no, no. . . . I am NOT talking about that exposed ORIFICE that seems to amuse so many non-pug people. THAT I am rather proud of, as a matter of fact. No, I am talking about that unpleasant GLAND problem that, while not exclusive to pugs seems to be associated with pugs. I am talking about BUTT juice or, as my Mommy calls it, STINK butt. It is often accompanied by itchiness which results in butt SCOOTING. It's the SCOOT which often cues a visit to the VET or the GROOMER for what is INDELICATELY called gland expression.
In my Mommy's mind, though, a better solution would be to work on the problem from the INSIDE rather than the unpleasant squeezing of the puggy backside. So she started investigating and came across this product called GLANDEX. Their advertising line is "Boot the Scoot!" Seemed like the right solution to Mommy and me. So she contacted the company and asked for a free sample to try. They said sure and sent her about a week's worth of product. Frankly Mommy says that is not really enough time to know if the product works and that is certainly true in my case. She caught me scooting across the foyer tile just days after beginning the trial. But she is not saying the product does not work - just not instantly. She plans to try it some more and see if she can get me to "Boot the Scoot."
Not sure why this is so important to her because frankly - I enjoy the feeling of scooting my backside across the cool tile. It unsettles the humans, though, sooooooooooooooooooo. . .
Here's what she likes about GLANDEX:
- Contains natural anti-inflammatories
- Supports healthy anal gland and digestive function
- Guaranteed results within 3-5 weeks (See what I mean about the trial size not being enough?)
- Veterinarian formulated and approved
- Great tasting and easy-to-use formula good for any size dog (It's a TREAT! Chewy and flavorful)
- All-natural premium ingredients:Pumpkin seed powder, granulated pumpkin seed, apple pectin cellulose powder, quercetin dihydrate, lactobacillus acidophilus, bromelain, corn starch, dehydrated peanut butter, flaxseed oil, glycerin, mineral oil, peanut butter, rice bran, sorbic acid, sucrose, water. (That's all real food stuff, even the ones I cannot pronounce.)
- Made in the USA
And guess what? She found out that Chewy.com sells it!!!! How perfect is that?
I am willing to try anything to avoid a trip to the vet and a gland squeeze. I like my vet but. . . well, you know. . . AND since it tastes good I am willing to give it more of a chance. We can all use a little more fiber in our diet, after all.
If you or a FURiend of yours has this same problem (and if you are a PUG, you probably do) then consider trying Glandex for yourself. Then let me know what you think about it. I am waiting by the computer to read what you have to say.
* This is just something I wanted to share. I was not paid to write this product review nor was I even asked to review it by anyone or any company.