Friday, May 26, 2017

Wait! What? It's FRIDAY Already??? Thoughts On a Lost Week

Did you celebrate Red Nose Day, Too? I did but had some trouble putting on
my RED nose
Hiya! How have you all been? I realized this morning that I have been MIA for most of this week and for that I apologize profusely. I have an incompetent HELPER is all. I asked her WHY she missed so many days posting when she DID NOTHING all week. And she said that would be TRUE if I did not include one fact - my Aunt M arrived on Wednesday for a long long visit and Mommy has been wrapped up in things like - pick up Aunt M from the airport, get some food in Aunt M's belly, going to stores that DO NOT exist in Aunt M's rural town. . . and so on.  In addition to meeting her boss WAY FAR AWAY up the peninsula, well I think you can tell where she is heading with this series of excuses. . .

EXCUSES.

I have not been doing a lot. One of the funnest things I did was PARTICIPATE in Red Nose Day. If you don't know what it is all about then READ ON. Or you can click the link right above ^ here and it will take you to the website.

Red Nose (dot) Org is about helping people in NEED. There are a lot of those everywhere, that is a fact. More specifically, it is a fundraiser to END child poverty. What a great world this would be if we could end child poverty. No one would go to bed (or get out of bed) hungry. The event started where everything starts - in the United Kingdom - as Comic Relief (many of our older Mommy's know all about THIS event). The event eventually CROSSED THE POND and is now an annual event sponsored largely by Walgreens.

Walgreens sells the red noses and half of the the money from sales goes to the charity. But the idea is to GRAB people's attention by making them laugh. "Be a Clown. . ."


This is as close as I got to wearing the nose
That's pretty much it. While my assistant was out and ABOUT, all I did was SLEEP and dream of snacks and cuddles.

I hope this weekend - the LONG HOLIDAY WEEKEND - is something closer to normal. I can use a return to my ROUTINE.

Have a wonderful MEMORIAL DAY weekend (the official beginning to Summer) and remember to stand close enough to the BBQ and food table that you get LOTS of nibbles.



1 comment:

Idaho PugRanch said...

we are pretty good at being clowns
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel