Friday, December 1, 2017

Broccoli - The Intruder


Do you see what I see? Not the adorable little Pug Princess in the Red Bed. Nope, I am talking about that GIANT in a red hat! He showed up last week from somewhere (Target) and took over. . . nay, DOMINATED, the 'rent's attention for the LONGEST time ever. That is NOT a smile you see on my face. That was a grimace. I was really, inwardly, shouting "WHATTHA????"

His name is Broccoli after another favorite food of Mommy #1's. He's lucky. He could just as easily have been called Brussels Sprouts or Tofu. But no, he got lucky there. Oh!!! That is what he SHOULD have been called. . . Lucky! Why? Well, he's lucky I didn't shred him, for one. And he's lucky to find such a great home as MINE. Emphasis on MINE.

Broccoli stood in the den for a couple of days, unlit and seemingly forgotten by everyone but Sunshine the Cat who found him fascinating. I would find her down there chatting him up in a way she never chats with me.

On this past Sunday, that all changed. Broccoli disappeared from the den and I could not find him anywhere. So I asked Mommy where he could be and she said he has a new place but is still very much a part of the family. This is his new "room" and his new roommate.


I think this location suits Broccoli very much and he agrees. He BEAMS happiness every night (from 6-11pm). Welcome Broccoli - I think (now) we are gonna be great FURiends.

4 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

As long as he stays there and does his job, there'll be NO de stuffing.

Pug Slope said...

Broccoli looks like a "brilliant" friend, Noodles. ;)

-Love,
Sid.

The Daily Pip said...

Broccoli looks very happy in his new room with new friend!

Idaho PugRanch said...

OMP!!!!! TWO of Broccoli's relatives showed up at our house!! They startled mom last night when she went out the door BOL!
hugs
Hazel & Mabel