Monday, April 30, 2018

Spike The Ball! Thirty Day Challenge is One for The Books! #chewyinfluencer

A PROUD Influencer

I did it. I completed for Chewy.com a 30 day challenger EATING Rachel Ray Nutrish Peak Wetlands Formula Grain free Formula Dog Food. I gotta say this was NOT a difficult challenge at all. In fact, to call it a "challenge" is inaccurate. Getting me to eat is the EASY part.


To remind you, I was testing the poultry blend (Chicken, Duck and Pheasant) which are all proteins that suit me well. But, there is one SMALL protein that does NOT suit me all too well, PEA protein. And like all good foods these days, Rachel Ray Nutrish Peak utilizes pea proteins in their recipes. It is a great source of protein and in MOST pets (and people) it causes minimum allergic reactions and other kind of reactions. In this PUG PRINCESS, though, it causes a continuance of SMELLY BELCHING. Not as much as the last food I tried, but not a cessation of the event, either.

So taking this fact out of the storyline, how did I do according to the GOALS as set out by Nutrish itself? These are based on the Benefits section of Chewy.com for Rachel Ray Nutrish Peak Grain free Dog Food:

 1.   Peak is an easily-digestible animal protein to fuel active muscles
         C+  As I said above, the animal protein is not causing me problems - the vegetable protein is

 2.  Peak natural omegas (Flax seed, fish meals, etc) support a healthy skin and coat
         A   My coat is shiny and I am not too itchy at all
         
3.   Peak contains vitamins and minerals for overall well-being
         A   I feel like a puppy again. I even grabbed a toy the other day and raced through the house                    with it

4.   Peak protein packed formula is satisfying and nourishing
         A   This is hard to tell. I will beg for food if I am hungry or not. But Mommy thinks I walk away                 as IF I am not so hungry. So there's that

Over all, I give this food a B++ because I like it and it, mostly, likes me. And it is a reasonably priced food. There are THREE different formulas of Rachel Ray Nutrish Peak Grain free, so there really is something for everyone - Open Range: Beef, Venison, Lamb; Northern Woodlands: Turkey, Duck, Quail; and Wetlands: Chicken, Duck, Pheasant.

** I received one bag of RR Nutrish Peak Grain free Wetlands formula free of charge from Chewy.com. This was sufficient to eat the dog food for every meal for 30 days. I am not paid for my opinions and observations AND all opinions are MY OWN.

2 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Thanks for the review Noodles. Sorry the peas give you problems
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

Julie said...

I wish I could have a challenge where I have to eat, I'm sure I could pass wiv flying colours, hehe
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx