Friday, July 17, 2015

Banned From Bully Sticks



So while my Mommys were visiting THE House of M. MOUSE recently, THIS arrived for us - a box of GOODIES from Chewy.com. I was selected to be one of their product tasters for their new pet snack line - American Journey. BOY HOWDY was I excited about this project! I mean, everything I ever wanted was right here in this box - TWO kinds of jerky treats (beef and turkey), a Scapula, a BEEF strap of some kind, and TWO KINDS of bully sticks! All made in America and all 100% real food. No artificial colors, flavorings, preservatives, and so on. Good for ME treats.

Look at all these treats AND a bandanna AND a tote bag!

I was jumping all over the house begging to try SOMETHING from that bounty when finally Mommy relented. "You can SHARE a bully with Molly. At least that will occupy you for a long while until I put this away and start dinner."

So she took the bully stick and CUT IT IN TWO. I guess I was okay with it. It was a bully stick, after all, and I am notorious for softening them and then walking away leaving them on the floor for naked feet to tread over.

I grabbed my HALF and ran to my favorite stinky treat spot - Aunt B's couch which I am not supposed to sit on (I sneak up there all the time and she puzzles about my smell being on HER couch). One problem with this plan. . . that BULLY was not ONE BIT stinky! It was flavorful enough as if it were stinky BUT IT DID NOT stink. Mommy, the veghead, likes when they are non-stinky.

It was 10 minutes later when I wandered to the kitchen to HELP Mommy cook dinner. "Noodles! Did you leave that slimy bully stick on the floor to gross me out?" Mommy said to me as she stomped downstairs. I looked at her with my big liquidy eyes and said, "No Ma'am."

When she got down to THE COUCH, she found nothing remaining of the BULLY STICK. Not even a sliver remained. I thought she would be proud of me for not making a mess - but instead she looked at me with FIRE IN HER EYES (I swear this is true). . . "NOODLES!" she yelled. "Where is that bully stick?'
"DON'T TELL me you swallowed it already!" So I didn't tell her. I just cocked my head to one side and stared at her. I was sure that would diffuse the situation.

It did not!

"You are BANNED FROM BULLY STICKS FOREVER!" Mommy said with a screech as she exited the den. "FOREVER!!!!!"

So, well. . . this will be my LAST review of a bully stick (until we get to the curly one ALSO in the box). It was AS ADVERTISED - tasty, chewy, non-stinky, and 100% guaranteed foodable. It was one of the HIGHEST quality Bully Sticks I have ever had . . . and I have had a lot in my 6 years. . . kinda sad to have that end. . . oh well......

Try them yourself. Just go to www.chewy.com and look up American Journey. You will be soooo happy you did.

Me in Bully Stick Heaven


*I did not get paid for this review. All opinions are my own. I received a box of American Journey treats  free of charge for the sole purpose of testing the products.



9 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Noodles nOodles noodles....don't you remember you are just supposed to chew on them and not EAT them....that is what our cousin Charlie does also and he is banned, well since you still have a few left you can send them on our way......hhehehehehheh.....stella rose

Laika said...

We also eat them . They are soooo tasty :)

Samantha said...

LOL. I started laughing when I read the title of this post.
We had a similar situation with BabyBelle and oinkies (pig ears). She not only would eat them, she got mean about them! We had to ban them for life in the house. Lol....

LBJ said...

Thanks for the review - we are going to have to go get some of those!

Abby Lab

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Hotel? Taste tester? What a life!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

If I devoured a bully stick like that--- well,, I would not get an more either.
I hope you pooped it out
love
tweedles

Tweedles -- that's me said...

If I devoured a bully stick like that--- well,, I would not get an more either.
I hope you pooped it out
love
tweedles

Southern Fried Pugs said...

Tallulah is infamous for swallowing bully sticks whole. Like the 6" ones.
Mom gets the circle ones, the spirals, braided or really big ones.
We've also learned how to induce vomiting. If you do it within 2 hours of swallowing, you can keep it out of the intestines. However, check with your vet first. If it's a shorter stick, there's probably less danger to leaving it to digest. One time, we could see the stick poking under Tallulah's skin. That one came out via vomiting. The shorter ones might turn in the stomach and not come out.

Groovy Goldendoodles said...

I'm so sorry...