Friday, July 31, 2015

The Color of Grass

California is in the midst of a four year DROUGHT. We have had so little water that all cities now have rationing. My town is no exception. So gone is the luscious green grass of yesteryear. I have to do my bidness in the CRUNCHY dry remains of our lawn rather than on the soft cool GREEN-ness of before.


This is our lawn - or what remains of it. Notice the color is almost FAWN. I am a FAWN PUG. This morning I was outside doing my usual. Mommy looked out the window and GUESS WHAT!?! She couldn't FIND me! But I was right in front of her eyes. She couldn't see me because I was PERFECTLY CAMOUFLAGED!!


Where does the GRASS end and I BEGIN? 
Who would have imagined that the COLOR of a PUG could be likened to the COLOR OF GRASS?


It was when I moved to the last remaining tufts of GREEN GRASS that Mommy could really see me. We had quite a laugh when I came inside.

6 comments:

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

I sure do wish we could send you some of our rain. We aren't flooding at my house like so many other places, but we're almost 20 inches above the average rainfall YTD. So...Maybe I can at least send you a box of green grass.

Happy Weekend!
;)

Julie said...

Hehe, had you tried hiding in your camouflage grass then leaping out and scaring Mom???
I finks you could have great funs win this Pug hiding grass!!!!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Idaho PugRanch said...

That is so sad about your grass Noodles! Mom says our grass is the greenest it has been in several years - and they have been watering less! maybe we can share some with you
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

Anonymous said...

Oh Noodles! We match our lawn, too and we live on the Olympic Peninsula. We hate that the grass in crunchy under our feet and we can't sit on our front porch because it is almost 100 degrees. Maybe we should figure out a happy rain dance!

Yours in sweaty paws,
Daisy and Scooter Pugman

LBJ said...

Mom's cousin, who is like a sister to her, lives in the mountains of northern California where Mom and her Dad spend vacation with her each year. It's year four with no snow pack and she's really worried about running out of Spring water, not to mention the fire danger. We will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers and hope for more rain.

Abby Lab

Pug Slope said...

Wow! You aren't kidding, Noodles. I only could find you by spotting the curly tail. We had a really wet early summer but it's been fairly dry here, too. I like the rain because not only does it keep the plants green, but it also helps keep the temperature from getting too crazy!

-Love,
Sid.