Monday, August 21, 2017

Total Eclipse Bombshell


That is right folks. One of the biggest natural phenomena in decades and we HAVE NO SUN. I was all prepared, too.


  • Had a NAP
  • Did my potty JOB
  • ACQUIRED Eclipse Glasses (Thank you Auntie AB)
I am so in a quandry over this because the FOG has been missing for a while and I was hoping for its return. BUT NOT TODAY OF ALL DAYS.

The infamous San Francisco Bay Area Fog showed up today. Not just at the COAST. Not just on the PENINSULA. Nope, nope, nope It stretches across the whole Bay Area. 

It's okay, though. We will be watching on NASA.com and I know the overall color outside will change as the eclipse moves through its stages. We just won't see the actual eclipse.

UPDATE
The sun came OUT just as the eclipse was getting underway. Mommy was squealing with delight as she gathered her ECLIPSE glasses, pinhole camera, phone, and went to the backyard. I went out too but she ushered me inside when I kept looking where she was looking. She said she could not risk damaging my eyes. 


The view through pinhole camera. The breeze kept moving
it so her picture is not real great. This was at
50 percent

I didn't know. I thought it was a BIRD, or a PLANE, or a SUPERHERO, or something.

Eclipse shadows


Anyhow, she said it was miraculous and COOL and she is soooo happy she was able to view it afterall. She watched for a zillion HOURS and finally let me come out. She showed me there was a strawberry I had overlooked and so I forgave her for incarcerating me.


I'm FREE. . . . .


3 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Oh Noodles! That is a bummer. We have beautiful clear skies and here at the PugRanch we should have 98% totality. Guess we should have had an eclipse pawty here!!
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

stellaroselong said...

Mom got to see part of it, she thought it was pretty cool also, Dad stuck us in the big closet just to keep us safe, i fink he was the one that was afraid.......geeze. mags

Pug Slope said...

It was cloudy here for most of the day, too, Noodles so I watched the NASA broadcast with my pops. Glad your Mom got to see it for a little while at least. It's smart that you went inside, though, as you don't want to risk anything happening to those lovely pug eyeballs. :)

-Love,
Sid.