Monday, September 18, 2017

I Was Hoodwinked!!!

That's a Banana in front of my nose - I did NOT
notice it

I KNEW something was up and yet somehow my MOMMYS totally pulled the proverbial wool over my EYES. My lovely liquidy eyes. . . Deceived.



First came the hushed conversation about plans and plots.
Then OUT came the suitcases . . . that is, all except MINE!
Finally there was a bunch of todoing about who's driving where and WHEN.

Then it happened. My Mommys left ME for FIVE WHOLE DAYS!
It was so unfair. So unexpected. I really had no idea.

Day one - I sat by Mommy #2's door waiting for her to come out. No, I did not see her go IN the room. . . but I was sure she would come OUT of the room.

Day two - I sat by Mommy #1's door and waited for a while. Then I went downstairs and waited. . . waited. . .  waited by the front door.

Day three - I slept with one eye open the whole night and for every little unusual noise I ran downstairs to greet my Mommys.

Day four - I was getting a little worried they were never returning. I moped all day with my tail uncurled and down. This is how you know I am really sad. I was not just sad, though. I was downright FORLORN!

Day five - I decided it was time to get on with my life WITHOUT my Mommys. So I hung out with Cousin C and made her my new best friend. . . until

. . . until . . . . . . . . . The door opened and My Mommys returned!!!

GUESS WHERE THEY WENT???????

I could not stop smiling the rest of the day. But something was STILL not right! Mommy #1 went straight stairs and got really busy moving this and putting that into plastic bins. I waited for an explanation. I got one the next day when My Mommys and Aunt B loaded up TWO cars and took off. Mommy #2 and Aunt B returned later that day but not Mommy #1. 

It was time. Summer is over and Mommy #1 returned to university.











The trip had been a diversion to take my mind off the FACT that Mommy #1 was not coming home for at least 3 months. THREE WHOLE MONTHS!!!

HOODWINKED!!




3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Noodles, theres soooo many comings and goings in your house just how can you keep up?
You are getting your puppy bowl and TREATS though aren't you??????
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

The Daily Pip said...

Awe, you do look very sad. I am sorry Mommy #1 is going back to school. Don't worry I am sure three months will fly by.

Idaho PugRanch said...

Oh Noodles - you looked so very sad. Hopefully the 3 months will go fast and Mommy #1 will be home again
hugs
Hazel & Mabel