Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Is CRAVE Cat Food CRAVE-ABLE? #chewyinfluencer


Hello. Sunshine the Cat here with another scintillating review of a product from Chewy.com. I know, I know. How come a CAT is doing a review when we all know cats are very picky eaters? Well, who better than a picky eater to review a FOOD? I mean, if we like something then you KNOW it is good, right? Not like that PUG in the house - she likes everything. . . and I mean everything. I cannot think of anything she did not like. Even if the FOOD does not agree with her - she likes it. Sheesh. Don't get me wrong, I love her like a sister. But she has no refinement in her taste for food - at all.

So this month's selection included CRAVE by Crave single serving twin packs in a variety of flavors. I chose chicken because - well I prefer chicken. And really smelly fish like snapper. I like that a lot. But that is another story for another time. I chose the Chicken Pate High Protein Grain-free Food Tray

Let's talk packaging for a minute. Isn't this the best packaging you have ever seen? It appeals to my inner wildcat. This is exactly how I see myself when I look in the mirror. It grabbed my attention and made me want to try the food. Aces on the packaging CRAVE.


Crave Chicken Pate High Protein Grain-free trays provide just what cats need - protein, and lots of it. Also included are the vitamins and minerals that round out a good feline diet. The soft food is nestled in a savory gravy for added flavor - not too much, just enough to keep it moist. I think this is a good touch. The smell is amazing and the appearance is appealing. The portions are just right for a meal. As an elder citizen, I need to mind my weight. It's better for my joints and my heart. Crave helps in this regard. If one chooses, and occasionally I do, Crave can be used as a topper. Just take out a smaller portion and wrap the rest. The metal lid can be used as a loose seal - or a bit of cello or aluminium wrap will seal it well.


Crave Chicken Pate is made with Chicken, Chicken Liver, Pork Broth, Chicken Broth, Chicken Heart, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Carrageenan, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Tomatoes, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Tapioca Starch, Salt, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Taurine, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Copper Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity). 

I underlined and bolded the first five to show THIS IS REAL FOOD,


I like this food. I really do. But not a lot. There are some foods I will eat every single day and never get bored. CRAVE is not one of them. After the past two weeks of eating it, I am a little tired of the Chicken Pate. It might be the chicken-ness or it might be something in the food. I can't say. I am just a CAT. 

So to answer my question in the title - no, I don't think Crave Chicken Pate High Protein Grain-free food is CRAVE-ABLE. To my tastes, it is okay but not great. I would give it THREE PAWS UP because it hits almost all points for being a good food. It just is not crave-able which would make it great - for me.

Chewy.com offers this food in 6 twin-packs which is a relatively small amount to order. And right now it is on sale. This makes it a really really good time to give CRAVE a try and see if you like it. Like I said, having discriminating taste does not mean you can't occasionally try something new.

**Chewy.com provided me with sufficient food free of charge to try and assess in order to write a review. All opinions are mine alone. And I was not paid for my opinion.

No comments: