Tuesday, June 5, 2018

June is Busting a MOVE All Over


What's that black stuff that keeps following me?
I loves loves loves JUNE. The weather warms up and the yard looks so good. And best of all, the garden starts to grown and the fruits and veggies start to ripen. It is just magical. My Aunt T takes care of the yard (Mommy #2 has a BROWN thumb and stays away) and this year she planted a lot of yummy things.



These are tomato and pepper plants. I am not sure what either of those are because I am not fed any peppers. I have had tomatoes. One time when I was quite young, we were at a cousin's house and she had this great garden BURSTING with tomatoes. Well, you know who thought is was a PICK YOUR OWN TREAT buffet and ate A LOT of tomatoes before Mommy caught me. Then she made me stop. I had the most delicious belches for the rest of the day, though.


This is one of TWO apricot trees. I loves loves loves APRICOTS. In fact, under the trees are the ONLY place in the yard BLOCKED off from me. I tend to sit under them GORGING myself on dropped 'cots and NOT listening when called. Of course, I would always eat too many and end up BEGGING to go outside a lot or I would have the belches. Again, delicious BELCHES.



I think I have established the fact that I loves STRAWBERRIES. These are just some of our strawberry plants. The humans have to BUY their strawberries because Molly and I have claimed these as our own. We pick and eat them BEFORE there is enough for a human to enjoy. In the middle of the strawberries there is a small BLUEBERRY bush that is NOW producing. YUMMY.


No, we (1) do NOT grow wine and (2) are not wine lushes. . . they make great waterers for our miniature lemon and key lime trees. Can't wait until these produce. They have tons of blossoms but have yet to produce any viable fruit. Soon, I think.


This is me at my ANNOUNCER'S BOOTH - the Honeysuckle vine. It is the length of the side fence and when in bloom (late summer) it is the sweetest smelling place in the yard. Every morning around 6:30, I stand out here and "chat" with the world.


Ahhhhhh, the sweet smell of roses. We have about 12 rose bushes of different kinds all over the back and front yards. Take a deep breath, they smell soooooo GOOD.

This is why I spend so much time out in MY yard during the SUMMER months. It is a magical place to be. I hope you enjoyed your tour nearly as much as I enjoyed TOURING you.



2 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Oh NOodles you have the best yard, our mom is drooling all over the place, 12 roses wowzer, and all those beautiful plants of fruits and vegetables, wowzer.....mags and gusser

Julie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL garden you have sweet Noodles.
I have never tried an apricot butt its on my 'to do' list now
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx