Monday, August 26, 2019

I Have a Good EXCUSE This Time!


Okay, okay, okay. I know I went missing AGAIN after PROMISING not to do it ever ever again. But it was not my fault - BOTH of my MOMMYs went missing. It was a normal Wednesday and then - it wasn't! They grabbed their suitcases AND LEFT. I had no idea this was in the works and it upset me quite a bit. Normally they do not leave at night so I was comfortable with the idea it'd be a normal bedtime routine.

This time they went to D23 Expo. D23 EXPO is the special fan fest of all things Disney that happens every 2 years. Neither of my Mommys had ever been to it although I had heard them FOR YEARS discussing it in a sort of abstract way. This time they went. Everything I know is from what they TOLD me and not what I actually KNOW.  Basically they flew to Anaheim on Wednesday, played in Disneyland on Thursday, and attended D23 Expo on Friday. They got home early evening Saturday. So it really was just long enough to mess with my blog, thanks Mommy.

In Disneyland, they made a BEELINE to the new land - Galaxy's Edge. It is a re-creation of Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu. Those who are not Star Wars fans have no idea what I am talking about. They really liked it although because it is so new there is not a whole lot to do, very minimal shade and sitting spots, and only 1 ride.

Walking into Galaxy's Edge


OmiDOG! That's the Millennium Falcon!
They LOVE, love, love Disneyland, as you all know. . . and they brought me back one of the really cool looking DISNEYLAND Spirit Jerseys and a FAKE Mickey Mouse Waffle. It squeaks so I like it - I was a little disappointed AT FIRST because I thought it was REAL FOOD.



The next day they went to D23 Expo. They got there at 3:30AM to wait IN LINE!!! Is that crazy or what? They took their stadium seats, Kindles and water bottles - THAT IS ALL. They were not allowed to bring anything LARGE into line, NO outside food, and no FILLED water bottles. That stuff was available to buy inside the convention center. And it costs $$$! But they said it was so worth it because they got to see THIS GUY

Robert Downey Jr

And these other inductees to the Legends of Disney


Top to Bottom
Left: Jon Favreau, Kenny Ortega, Robin Roberts
Middle: Barnette Ricci, Christina Aguilera
Right: Diane Sawyer, Ming-Na Wen, Better Midler's daughter Sophie
Wing T Chao

How exciting, huh? Hans Zimmer and James Earl Jones were also honorees but could not attend. Mommys said it was worth the waiting for almost 7 hours just for this ceremony. BUT THERE WAS MORE!!!!

D23 is an Expo so there were booths and booths of all things Disney and announcements of upcoming projects. Mommy #1 was so excited about the new Marvel Land being built in CA Adventure. Mommy #2 was very happy to participate in VoluntEARS. It was a lot of stuff to see and do, and Disney fans to talk to. They talked a lot!

Both said the elaborate costumes and more simple cosplay outfits were incredible. The imagination some HUMANS have!!!

Then they came home to me. It is all good now.










4 comments:

World of Animals, Inc said...

Looks like they had such a wonderful time. We love Disneyland too. Such a great place for a vacation, but we know they are happy to be home with you. Thanks for sharing the photos. Have a wonderful day.
World of Animals

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Looks like they had fun. Lady had never heard of the Disney expo until this year (sometimes we think she lives under a rock).

Matilda the Boxer said...

There were SO MANY grreat announcements out of D23 this year! How pawesome your mommas could go, and they brought back presents for you! Momma is going to go to Disneyland in January and is SOOOOOOO excited about Galaxy's Edge. She said she's going to build a lightsaber and maybe a droid!

Adriana Robles said...

Omgosh how exciting!!!
the most important thing is that you had fun :)

ADI IN PINKINSTAGRAM