Thursday, February 16, 2017

We Are Family


Make no mistake about it - I am fiercely protective of my family. That goes for Sunshine the Cat, as well as Molly. That goes for my Mommys, as well as my Aunts and Cousins. Why? Because we are family and that is what we do.

What does FAMILY mean to you? Yes, it means security. It means a regular meal and fresh water. It means a place to sleep. A lot of time it means having someone to cuddle with and give you lots of attention (it sure does in my family).

To pets in shelters or (shudder) wandering the streets looking for a home, F-A-M-I-L-Y is a dream, an ideal. Something they know they want even if they have seldom had one.

To me FAMILY is everything. My family is the reason I get up in the morning. I cannot imagine a single day without each and every one of my family members and I hope I never have to. I know they have my back at ALL TIMES and I have theirs.

Princess Leah JUST reminded me to include FURiend/Friends in my definition of FAMILY. She is so very very right. My FURiends are indeed my family and I will ferociously defend them as well.


family

[fam-uh-lee, fam-lee] 
 


nounplural families.
1.
  1. a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children,considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not:
    the traditional family.
  2. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with thechildren they care for:
    a single-parent family.
2.
the children of one person or one couple collectively:
We want a large family.
3.
the spouse and children of one person:
We're taking the family on vacation next week.
4.
any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children,uncles, aunts, and cousins:
to marry into a socially prominent family.
5.
all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.
6.
Chiefly British. approved lineage, especially noble, titled, famous, orwealthy ancestry:
young men of family.
7.
a group of persons who form a household under one head, includingparents, children, and servants.




5 comments:

Robin + Christmas said...

Noodles, I agree...family knows no species, breed, age...family is such an impawtent thing!

Julie said...

And a very beautiful family you are!!!!
Don't furget Furfriends as well, part of your extended Family
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Murphy said...

Yup, we are family too!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE LOVE FAMILY. We ARE Family...
Now we will have that old ♫ Song ♫ Ear Worming ♫ through our heads for Days.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Love your family
Lily & Edward