Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Moody Mid-Week MALAISE



When the clouds are DARK and mysterious
I write a story in my head
It stars a pretty little DOG
An especially special Princess PUG

Our dear HEROINE looks for fun
Adventures fall in her lap
Into her YARD she stealthily moves
Looking for anything out of the groove

Into the LARGE pile of leaves
She LEAPS with complete aplomb
Sniffing and rustling noisily through
Always aware of something new

What's that NOISE over there in the HONEYsuckle?
I better go investigate
Our CRAFTY hero dashes away
Over where the leaves sway

A sneaky CAT and not her sister
Slinks away to the left
Bark! Bark! BARK! she shouts
Be OFF - I want you OUT

Just then the SUN comes peeking out
From behind a sinister CLOUD
"Good job my dear little HELPER
The WORK you do keeps the yard SAFER."

And there my STORY ends
The day is DONE, and put to rest
I'm tired - CREATING is an energy ZAP
I look around for my FAVORITE lap
THE END



2 comments:

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Sounds like you did a great job keeping the world safe!

Julie said...

You are a Pawfect Pug Princess Noodles! Oh, and a Pawsome Pug Poet!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx