Monday, January 28, 2019

Mom + Work = Lonely Pug

Woe is ME

I am beginning to think my Mommy #2 might be a work-a-HOLIC! I mean, she already works 2 jobs, and it just SEEMS she doesn't because her main job is cybercommuting and not at an office. It isn't true, though. She sits in that office ALL DAY working on bookkeeping, e-filing, reports, and so on. And there is no room in there for me to sit on her lap or otherwise involve myself. It just does not happen.

Then the NHL All Star game comes to San Jose CALIFORNIA and what does that woman do? She decides to get involved and WORK for the NHL AMBASSADOR crew. This is the crew that does stuff like greet people to the events, direct them around the venue, run the skills and other games, put together gift bags, and so on. The little things that are hopefully appreciated by attendees.

This is a corner of her uniform. She got a baseball
cap, long sleeve polo shirt and a golf vest all with
this logo


It also meant she was GONE from home all of those days with no real time to cuddle. And on the weekend, it turned into ALL DAY.

I know I shouldn't complain. I got a lot of attention from everyone home but especially from Cousin B and his fiance F. I liked them A LOT and they said I reminded them of their furbaby. Not sure HOW they mean since their furbaby is a pitbull. Playful and gentle - that might be what they were referring to. I am sure we are not talking about a lapdog. But they petted me and skritched behind my ear. It was love.

But I was STILL lonely because neither Mommy #1 nor Mommy #2 were around to give me lots of hugs and snuggles.

Mommy was happy although very tired when it was all done. She had fun, saw some NHL stars (from afar), saw the fastest skater on the Women National Hockey team, Kendell Coyne Schofield, and interacted with ALL of the NHL Team Mascots as they wandered through the venue she was working. And she got to hit pucks re-discovering her hockey skills from a lifetime ago (she played field hockey on her league-leading high school team). So it was a really great job - she basically got paid for playing and socializing. What a deal.

At the end of the day, it was a great event for the NHL, the city of San Jose, and for all of the hockey fans who were able to attend. Here is a link to a recap of the weekend (this was a 4 day weekend, btw).
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25862644/the-best-worst-nhl-all-star-weekend-2019

I am glad that today things are back to normal. Maybe even better than normal because Mommy is gonna relax A LITTLE once she does the most important work. And you know what that means:

Mom, Me and the TV

4 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We're glad the even went well....and someone benefitted from your misery. Extra skritches are always welcome BUTT do not replace you mums! Now, they OWE you at LEAST one weekend of total cuddle time....and treats...in our opinion.

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

OMD...I feel your pain. It seems like my Mommy is never home either and always at work. What is this WORK thing anyway??? I don't like it!

Matilda the Boxer said...

Oh Noodles, I understand completely! Even if there are other folks around, they're just not the same as MOMMA! MY momma was gone ALL last week, and I missed her so much even though my sitter was super nice and gave me lots of cuddles. And then as soon as she got home, she started going right back to WORK. Come ON!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

glad the event went well, maybe you need a kitty brother like I have?