Monday, September 26, 2011

WHO Did You Say This SOUNDS Like?

Today I am doing a book REVIEW. Yes, I actually read it and I have to say it was a UNIQUE and MEMORABLE experience. It all began when Mommy #1 brought this book home from the library. I had NO IDEA that is what a library had inside. All I remember of the place is walking around the building, eating tan bark from the playground, and ending up in the EMERGENCY clinic by Midnight because I thought my TUMMY would burst.
But I digress.
The library is filled with these wonderful things called BOOKS and this one is FABULOUS!!!

Say Hello to Zorro
By Carter Goodrich

Initially I wanted to like this book because it is about a PUG! Look on the cover! It is so OBVIOUSLY a PUG!
But it was really about this OTHER dog named Mr. Bud who had this really SWEET living situation. He has his own space, his own dishes and BEST OF ALL, his own routine. The unseen HUMANS do his bidding, cater to his every whim. And he loves it.
One day, along comes Zorro and Mr. Bud's whole world is tossed UPSIDE-DOWN!!!!
I am not going to tell you how it TURNS OUT. But believe me - it had me riveted to every page.
You know what my Mommy said when we finished reading the book?
" Doesn't that sound familiar? Like SOMEONE we all know?"

I have NO IDEA who she is TALKING about!


14 comments:

Pia said...

this book is sooooo cool! wish we could have it here in austria too. then of course i would read it too.

dachshund kiss

Payton said...

Heehee! Too funny, Noodles! Those humans make up the silliest things sometimes. Looks like I will have to add that book to my collection. Check out Chick 'n' Pug sometime for another good pug story.
Love,
Payton

Stewey said...

BOL, Noodles - that is a funny book review :)
Stewey

Anonymous said...

oooohhhh that sounds like such a cool book, course any books bout us dogs is pawsome with me!

woos, Tessa

Corbin said...

Sounds like a GREAT book!
-Corbin

Unknown said...

Aww that book looks so sweet, lovely illustrations. Noodle do you think you were the inspiration?!
=^..^=

Two French Bulldogs said...

Sounds like a good read. And it looks like youon the cover
Benny & Lily

Pug Slope said...

Looks interesting - and drawings are great. Looks like it worked as a bedtime story for you based on that last photo, Noodles! -Love, Sid.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

It sounds like a real page sniffer fur SURE.
I have no idea what OR WHO She was referring to either.

Anonymous said...

Great review! :D

xo
Luna

Luisa said...

JAJAJAAJJAJAJAJAA!!
Zorro is a pitbull? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAA!!!

Minnie Moo said...

Loves the book review, gonna have to check that out pronto!

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Noodles
I think the book looks awsome and the way you describe it,, well, I know that I want to read it!
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

Thanks Noodles, what a great book!

Come follow my blog too!

Winks,

Gypsy x
http://gypsyju.blogspot.com