Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Doubt It's a Drought But What Do I Know?

This photo was taken January 1!! Looks like Fall but was Winter!



There is talk in CALIFORNIA about us being in a drought. I looked up the word in the ONLINE dictionary and this is what it said -

drought noun \ˈdrat\
: a long period of time during which there is very little or no rain

Well, that certainly describes our CURRENT weather - it is clear and warm today, record-breaking temperatures. But that hasn't been the case all winter where were experienced record-breaking cold just days before Christmas. And regarding rain, well I remember Fall as being kinda rainy and cool. So that doesn't really sound like a drought to me.

A columnist in the SF newspaper described the situation more accurately than this D-R-O-U-G-H-T word does. He described it as weather weirdness and THAT is what we need to be afraid of. 

Weirdness.

weird adjective \ˈwird\
: unusual or strange

But what do I know? I'm a pug AND only 4 years old, at that. But what I do know, and which is evidenced in the above photo, is that the weather has certainly been W-E-I-R-D for a long time and that has me a little worried. We do all kinds of things at our house to help preserve the planet and stop this thing called Global Warming. While the warming part sounds okay, Mommy explained that over all it messes with ecosystems and oceans and stuff like that. And once you do that, plant and animal life has trouble finding an environment to sustain them and they die off. I don't want to think of the AND which comes after this happening.

8 comments:

Elgor82 said...

Wish we could send you some of this white stuff we keep getting ... it's coming down AGAIN today! UGH! We'd give anything to go outside and play for more than 5 minutes at a time ...

Love Zoe, Peyton, Webster, Liberty & Whitney

Two French Bulldogs said...

Yep they are talkin drought all the time. One thing good about a drought, I don't get wet feets
Lily

Anonymous said...

It has been a long, cold, snowy Winter here. It started snowing in November! Stay safe.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You are not getting ENOUGH stuffs falling from the clouds... and WE are getting TOO Much. What is up with THAT, Noodles.. Do you want OUR weather Prediction fur the next 5 days? WE would be GLAD to send it to you... it would help the Drought.. BUTT Freeze your feets... If you get our drift. DRIFT... as in SNOW DRIFT... Just sayin.

Pug Slope said...

Hi Noodles! Walks are certainly much fun when it's not raining but no rain for a long time is not good for the plants. Hope you guys get some rain soon (preferably at night so it doesn't interfere with your walks!).

-Love,
Sid.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think a little rain for your part of the world would be nice,, but its very cold here.
love
tweedles

Frank The Tank said...

Noodles, do you want my rain and hail storms because you can have them ,I've been playing indoors because I can not go for my usual beautiful long walks, I have run over to see my cousin Jasper and run up to see Auntie Ashley but that all I have done, I have had to play inside as the rain is so heavy and cold! Maybe we can swap for a bit and get a happy medium??
Love Frank xxxxxx

Matilda the Boxer said...

Texas is pretty much ALWAYS in a drought. Even if we have a higher than usual rainfall one year, we're still in a deficit from the years before!