Monday, January 6, 2014

Workin' From Home




When Mommy #2 works from home, like today, she seldom has time for anything. I get all excited when she doesn't get up at the crack of dawn and gets ready for work BECAUSE I am thinking of all the snuggles I'm gonna get! But I am usually wrong - when Mommy works from home, she still gets up and dressed as if she is going to work (albeit later than usual). She sits at the computer scratching her head and flipping papers ALL DAY. The closest thing to a snuggle I get is when I settle by her feet. . . no, ON her feet. Then at least I am warmed by her body heat and comforted by her smell.

Ahhhh! BUT then there is my blog. It seems Mommy has less time to work on it when she WORKS from home than when she is in her office far away!!! Whattha!!!!! She explained it to me quite simply: At work I get a break where I have no obligations to the office. That is the time I use to type your blog and edit your pictures. When I work from home there ARE NO breaks! Anytime, I am not working on WORK STUFF, I am performing chores around the house that need to get done. And if truth be told. . . the chores are usually the reason I worked from home to BEGIN with.

Poor Mommy. I guess I should be more understanding, huh? But then again. . . there is that issue of SNUGGLES. . .

I saw on TV that you folks in the MIDWEST and EAST . . .  well, basically EAST of the ROCKIES . . .are suffering through some pretty miserable weather. I watched the Niners vs Packers game AND the Winter Classic. I know what cold LOOKS LIKE. It is even cold here in CA but then we are talking 56 degrees as compared to -56 degrees.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Promise me you will be safe, stay warm and abide by all the directives to stay off the roads when you can. And PEOPLES. . . bring your pets inside!!! There is no need to make them suffer and freeze to death like that.

11 comments:

stellaroselong said...

We know exactly what you are saying!!!
We are trying to stay warm, and we pray for all the peoples and animals also.
stella rose

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Sorry that your mom has so much that she MUST do... at least you have her FEET.. Better than having her completely GONE fur the day. RIGHT?

OH YES.... it is FRIGID.. Today and will be again Tomorrow.

Mom won't even let us go PEE withOUT our heaviest Coats... PLUS she is going OUT WITH US... beclaws she is worried we will get too cold TOO FAST and not be able to get back in.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Steal some of her papers and run
Lily

Chfnman said...

No playing golf in the Midwest any time soon Noodles! I'm already shaking from withdrawals!!!

Love,
Gampy

Hilary said...

Lucy feels your pain. I do the same thing. I work from home on Fridays. I wake up the same time and start working earlier and work for just as long. I feel guilty to "goof off" although when I am my office I chat with others, etc. but never break when I am home

Millie and Walter said...

We are trying to stay warm here too, but it isn't easy.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Gosh-- I think your sayin you miss your mom too!
love
tweedles

Pug Slope said...

Hi Noodles! My dad's the same way as your mom. He works from home EVERY DAY, but he's usually pretty busy during the working hours. Although at midday we get to each lunch together and play some potato catch.

Could you please send some of that warm California air our way? It's MISERABLE here!

-Love,
Sid.

Unknown said...

Hi Noodles: The high yesterday in Madison WI was minus 19 and we had a minus 49 windchill

Unknown said...

Hi Noodles: The high yesterday in Madison WI was minus 19 and we had a minus 49 windchill

Matilda the Boxer said...

You poor snuggle-deprived puggie!