Not me! I am not a picky eater. In fact, I am the OPPOSITE of a picky eater! There is almost NOTHING I won't eat. . . almost . . . I don't eat poop . . . or road kill . . . or raw spinach . . . I like to think that I have a HAPPY and HEALTHY relationship with food.
What do I get for this GOOD ATTITUDE? Constant diets and minimal or no treats.
Then there is Molly. When it comes to her meal she is more inclined to turn her nose up at the GOOD FOOD in her dish than to eat it. Her Mommies buy top of the line food for her and when they feed it to her the first time she acts like she can't get enough. Ah! But the second serving is another story. She picks at it. Then the third bowl she refuses to eat so they add stuff to it - yogurt, gravy, and so on. Eventually, and by that I mean in a week's time, she gets to the point where she will only eat the toppings and spit out the food.
I try to help her out so she does not get in TROUBLE for not eating her meal. I stand by her dish - well about 3 feet away, actually - to make sure Sunshine the Cat does not try to home in on her food while she is begging for something, ANYTHING other than what is in her bowl. I wait and I wait - hoping that she will come back and eat. REALLY!!!! Then, when she appears to have no interest in the food, I swoop in and clean up her bowl so the Mommies are none the wiser.
What do I get as a reward? Molly runs after me and growls like I stole the food out of her mouth. Then she looks at the humans with that wide-eyed PAINED expression she has perfected. I get banished from the kitchen and Molly gets . . . . a treat.
My treats, her treats. . . . treats.
The List is GROWING
- Wesley McPoodleton suggested more HAPPINESS
- Idaho Pug Ranch also suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
- Jessie Jane suggested 100 days of Sunshine the Cat (not gonna happen)
- Southern Fried Pugs suggested 100 HAPPY THINGS
- Susie and Sidebite suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
- Frank the Tank suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
- Mommy #1 suggested 100 NOODLES' FACTS (blush)
- Angel Payton, Donald and Daisy's Gampy suggested 100 days of Bloggerville HAPPY/FUNNY/SUPPORTIVE posts
- Frankie Furter and Ernie suggested 100 THINGS WE (mostly dogs, but pets) LOVE TO DO
- The Slimmer Pugs suggested 100 THINGS NOODLES LOVES TO EAT
- Lucy from Feeling Beachie suggested MORE BREAKFAST (I assume she means 100)
- Jessie Jane has amended hers to 100 NOODLES ADVENTURES
- Susie and Sidebites has amended theirs to 100 THINGS NOODLES DOES TO MAKE US SMILE