Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The New Mellow Molly

I'm CHILL. How About YOU?

Molly is a worry wort. Truly. She worries about every little sound and light change. She worries when everyone is home and worries when they are away. In fact, one of the reasons she found her forever home with us was her worrying. But the worst is when I am away. She cannot handle that at all. She whines. She barks. She yips. In other words, she FLIPS OUT. Short of me always being by her side (this is just not possible although I am mostly with her), Mommy knew she needed a solution.

She was perusing the latest Modern Dog Magazine (I let her borrow it) and came across something she never really considered before - CBD (cannabidiol). Have you heard of it? It is something that I know a lot of my older FURiends use for a variety of reasons. Anxiety is not one of the reasons, that I know of. But according to this thingy Mommy read, it was highly recommended for ANXIETY.

I borrowed this pic from the INTERNET. I noticed
a lot of CBD related memes using PUGS.
WHY?


So she followed the suggestions and went online to Honest Paws, a CBD distributor. She looked it over, read the reviews and finally decided to give it a try. BUT it was quite difficult to decide which product to use! There are oil, treats, supplements, and so on. A whole bunch of products using CBD. The reviews of the products and the retail site were all good so she TOOK THE CHANCE and ordered the CBD oil for Molly. She wanted to be able to control the dosage more than a treat would allow. I lobbied BIG for the treats; but Mommy pointed out they WERE NOT for me so, no.



It took JUST DAYS for the package to arrive. The oil was prettily packaged and all of the instructions were included. It was so easy. The first test was on the next Monday when Molly's Mommy was taking her on a car ride. Molly does NOT do well on car rides. So she tried a HALF dosage (she didn't know how Molly would react) just before she left. That was NOT the best thing to do. It did not have time to really get into her system and Molly's anxiety skyrocketed. Then she got all pant-y and pace-y and wouldn't settle down. Then, all of a sudden (after they stopped), she calmed down and settled into her car-spot. JUST LIKE THAT. The return trip was without the erratic behavior.

I wasn't there so I can't say for sure how extreme Molly's behavior was. But I think her first reaction was more because she couldn't figure out how she was feeling. Then she just gave into it. My point is, it appears to have worked.



We have only tried it one other time and that was when everyone in the house left for the day and we were home alone. Molly was FREAKING OUT, as usual so Mommy DOSED her up. She calmed down the rest of the day.

So it appears that Mommy has stumbled across something that really does the job AND is completely  safe and natural. I think we are in the CBD club to stay. I don't know if we will be loyal to Honest Paws as there are many places to get pet products with CBD in them. We'll see. For now it is just good that Molly has a way to calm her Anxieties.

** This is not really a review. We are not paid by Honest Paws or Modern Dog Magazine to write this post. We paid for the product and liked it. So we are sharing only.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I bet a more Mellow Molly makes nap time fur you much more relaxing as well Noodles
I am very glad Mommy has found sumthingy to do the trick
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Idaho PugRanch said...

We find this very interesting. You will have to let us know if it continues to help Molly
hugs
Hazel & Mabel