Thursday, July 22, 2010

Duck, duck . . . Goose, goose . . .

Way back when, when the weather was warm (last Sunday) my human following and I went on a bike ride to the park near our house. This is a great park with lots of walking paths, a playground (with tan bark which I wanna eat all the time but my human gets really peeved at me when I try), and a pond. In and on the pond are many many many ducks of an amazing variety.

I said "duck." and heard a "quack" in return. Then I got bolder - "DUCK" I yelled as mightily as my pug lungs would let me. A whole row of "ducklings" swam up to me singing "Cheep, cheep, cheep." I got so excited because all of these lil guys wanted to play with me. So I started strutting back and forth yelling "DUCK - DUCK - DUCK!!!!"

All of a sudden I heard this loud "HONK!" and I turned around and there was this massive mommy GOOSE. And she was wildly flapping her wings and running toward me! I mean RIGHT AT ME! She gathered in all the lil'uns, "Honk! Honk! Honk!"

How was I to know my new friends were goslings and not ducklings.

Thank goodness for the chain link fence separating us.
I apologized and left with a quiet "Goose."

From over my shoulder I heard "QUACK!"



It was nonetheless a lovely day at the park and it ended just wonderfully with a trip to the yogurt store.



1 comment:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Hello Noodles! We are Sequoia (the big younger one) and Tuni (aka Petunia the old small one). We stubble across your blog and luvs it! We reallys luvs your name...our Mom really really luvs your name!

We liked your yogurt pictures too!

Stop on by our blog too!

S&P