Friday, December 12, 2014

And Then What To My Wondering Eyes Should Appear




Folks - we got a lot of rain yesterday. Over 3 inches in a 24 hour period. I know some of you will scoff at this piddly amount. But you must understand that normally we get MAYBE 15 inches of rain in a year. And the December normal is under 3 inches for the whole month. We got that in one day. It was a little unsettling because the roads were flooding, the creeks were rising, and my back yard was squishy and wet. Every time I came indoors from doing my bidness, I had to endure a total TOWELING. I put it right up there with WATERBOARDING for torture devices! Awful.

But then this morning I walked outside to do my THING and know what? The air smelled so clean and fresh. It tickled my whiskers and made my lungs so happy. And when the sun came up, through the clouds which are hanging around and threatening more rain - I saw the RAINBOW. It was so lovely and magical. So we were a little inconvenienced by some rain (to hear the television stations talk it was nearly Armageddon). If I could wake up to this beauty every day . . . I'll suffer through it.

Maybe.

Happy Weekend EveryPuggy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting some rain, I think you needed it! We don't like to go out in the rain to do our bidness but we think being toweled off is one of the funnest things in the world! We all try to butt in on each other be the first one!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

We are sorry that Mother Nature ... DUMPED on you that way... She needs to spread it out a bit... so it does more GOOD than Harm... Right?

Julie said...

A rainbow, so pretty!
Don't you have to go digging for a pot now?
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

stellaroselong said...

We thought a lot about you guys when we were watching the news and wondered if momma had to get out her canoe and paddle you all to safety....we sure hoped not. What a beautiful picture...we are supposed to get rain for the next four days so that means a muddy swamp in the back yard, also known as the barn yard by dad and lots of muddy paws....stellie rose

Idaho PugRanch said...

We sure were thinking of you when they were showing all the rain on the news
Glad you are OK and did not float away
hugs
Mr Bailey & Hazel

Anonymous said...

Don't get soggy......we know you guys need the rain...but we agree...fresh clean air and some sun is wonderful after a rain!.

The Mad Scots

Anonymous said...

We have a swimming pool in our backyard! But no rainbows. You are one lucky pug to have such good owners that they give you a toweling off when you come in. We do "pugnuts" when we get toweled off - run, run, silly running.
Glad you are safe and dry.

Love,
Daisy and Scooter Pugman

Two French Bulldogs said...

That rain was nutty. We looked for A rainbow but couldn't find one
Lily & Edward

The Devil Dog said...

Wow, that sure is a lot of rain, Glad you got toweled off, even if you didn't like it. Look at it this way. You can now stay dry for the rest of the month.
:)

Roxy