Monday, December 22, 2014

Tears at Christmas Time

My G'day Mates from Down Under


Again a tragedy has happened that altered my planned post for today. You see, on Friday, two very special FURiends of mine who I never met in the fur BUT felt as if I had, crossed over the Bridge quite unexpectedly. Pictured above are Opaka and her brother Dax. They hail from DOWN UNDER also known as Australia. They were on vacation with their awesome 'rents when Opaka was attacked by a brown snake and Dax jumped in to save her. He actually took the brunt of the attack.

Just so you know, this is a link for information about the brown snake from Australia -





It is a dangerous snake and one that kills more humans than any other snake in Australia. Since we are talking small dogs, it most likely mistook them for food. Anyhow, both were rushed to the emergency clinic, given a couple doses of anti-venom and put on life support. They didn't make it despite a deluge of prayers, Juju, etc from all over the WORLD!

I cannot begin to express my sadness over this whole turn of events. First of all, I did my super duperous JUJU dance and it FAILED! Second of all, two of my dearest Blogville furiends are gone, poof, just like that. It really put a damper on my holiday spirit.

Please hug your HUMANS tonight, tomorrow and every night because LIFE is too short and too unpredictable to let the opportunity pass you by to say I LOVE YOU.

And give a little shout out to Dax and Opaka as they join their sibling Kai who preceded them in crossing the bridge.


RIP my FURiends



PeeEss - I also lost a KITTY FURiend over the weekend. Kizzy is the sister to Winston Wilber and Sam "The Boss" Cooper up in Canada. Kizzy got sick suddenly (also on FRIDAY) and went over the bridge the following morning. I will miss Kizzy. For a cat she was pretty sweet and stately.

14 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Oh Noodles I am so sorry for you and your friends. I did not know them for some reason. It is so hard to lose the ones we love, but it seems when we lose them at the holidays when the stars shine even more brightly it just seems unbearable. You did all you could, you have a lot of strength in your juju dance, but someone must have needed them more in the heavens. Hugs from us to you.
Stella Rose

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

I am sorry to hear of this horrible tragedy. Our thoughts are with you and their family.

Adriana Robles said...

My condolences go out to their family. Sending them lots of love and hugs.<33

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

Julie said...

What terribly sad news, sad at any time but that much harder so close to Christmas.
We're sending lots of hugs and cuddles to their families
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xx

Matilda the Boxer said...

Oh, how terribly, terribly sad! I suppose at least their pawrents have some comfort knowing that Dax died trying to save his sissy. Momma and me hates hates HATES those nasty slithery things!!!

Idaho PugRanch said...

This just so so so so sad. We know how devasting it is to lose your baby to something terribly random. And to lose two - just heartbreaking
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mom

Chfnman said...

Just unbelievably sad!

Love, Gampy

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Noodles we are just sick to hear this SAD news about your furends... We didn't know any of them... butt we KNOW how YOU and their Peeps are feeling right now... and we are hoping that their Wonderful Memories will sustain them at this time.
GENTLE HUGS to You and the Peeps who are sad.

Ranger said...

Oh no. I'm soooooooo sorry you lost your friends. Dat is one scarry and nasty snake. I'm going run right over and hug Mom.
Love,
Ranger

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Noodles, I'm so sorry about your furiends. It's especially hard to lose them so suddenly. My deepest sympathy to their family. We'll include them in the December edition of 'Our Rainbow Friends'.

Anonymous said...

Dear Noodles,
We are mourning with you today. Our deepest sympathy to the parents and to all who knew these beautiful pugs.
Daisy, Scooter Pugman, and their Mom and Dad

Miss Jean said...

That just breaks my heart! I have two Scotties, but my son, who is living with us temporarily, just bought two pug puppies in September. Live will never be the same - I am so in love with them!!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Me and moms are so sad over this,, that we do not even have any words.
We know the hearts of the family,, and broken into pieces,, and we hurt for them.. We cry for them.
We are so sorry.
love
tweedles

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

That is so sad. We know about brown snakes. Luckily, we've only ever seen one and we were on leads...we did try to get it. There are places we don't even go during snake season.