Monday, December 15, 2014

Chatting With The SANTA Man

























"Hi Santa," I said as I climbed up onto his lap. "My name is Noodles (the Pug) and I am here to talk with you about this year.
You see, Santa, this has been a tough one for a lot of people and pups. I cannot begin to list everything that went awry, or everypuppy and everykitty who crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Besides, I think you know already. You know EVERYTHING, Santa. But I just want you to know that I CARE. I really really care what happened to others. I really really miss my FURiends who were too sick or hurt to stay in this world with me. And I really really need to know that next year won't be quite so hard."
Santa smiled down at me in his MOST benevolent way and said, "Noodles, you KNOW I cannot make predictions and promises like that. Bad things happen all the time and there is no way you can stop that from being true. And believe me, although it does not seem like it, there is a reason for the bad - it balances out the good.
But I will tell you that if you continue to be a good puggy AND continue to CARE for others like you do . . . well, I am sure that good behavior will make the next peep or pup do the same. . . and the next . . . and the NEXT . . . and so on. Before you know it, there will be so much GOOD WILL that you will see the BRIGHTER side of everything. The world will SEEM a happier place to be because you will no longer be seeing the bad."
"So Santa," I whispered. "Does that mean I should IGNORE the bad stuff and pretend to not see it?"
"No, no, Noodles," Santa said, chuckling as he said it. " My dear sweet Noodles. You cannot live in ignorance in order to be happy. Instead, be aware of the bad stuff and strive to overcome it. In the long run, it will make you happier."
"Oh Santa!!!" I said. "You are the WISEST peep I know! Thanks. I will try very hard to make people and pets smile a little more. . . and think about others a LOT more. . . and well, I guess I will do the same."
"Merry Christmas, Noodles!"
"Merry Christmas, Santa!"


6 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, he is a SAGE Santy Paws.
Its true then, he does know everythingy!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We always bring smiles to faces.....

Two French Bulldogs said...

BOL bet he listened to every last word
Lily & Edward

Idaho PugRanch said...

good chat with Santa, Noodles. We too hope to make poeple smile and that in turn helps us to see past the hurt
hugs
Mr Bailey & Hazel

stellaroselong said...

That was just the most wonderful of all chat with Santa and you both said some very thought provoking words...we loved it....what..what oh Gussie..heck Noodles gussie wanted to know if you told santa anything about him??
stella rose

Punchbugpug said...

You are sweet noodles! It is hard to take all the sad, but we know we have to all continue to live good!