Monday, May 20, 2013

Doppel Whosey Whatty?

Mom says I have a DOPPELGANGER. I asked her Who or What is a Doppelganger and she said it is kinda like a twin. That also made no sense to me so I went to Mr. Webster and I said:

"Mister Webster, what exactly is a Doppelganger because my Mommy says I have one and I NEED to know what it is! And, most importantly, is it curable?

Mr. Webster gave me this explanation -

dop·pel·gäng·er

 noun \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\

Definition of DOPPELGÄNGER

1
: a ghostly counterpart of a living person
2
a : double 2a
b : alter ego b
c : a person who has the same name as another

Variants of DOPPELGÄNGER

dop·pel·gäng·er or dop·pel·gang·er 

Examples of DOPPELGÄNGER

  1. In the story, the character is haunted by a doppelgänger.
  2. doppelgänger
>

Origin of DOPPELGÄNGER

German Doppelgänger, from doppel- double + -gänger goer
First Known Use: 1851

Related to DOPPELGÄNGER

Synonyms
alter egocarboncarbon copyclonecounterpartimage(or doppelganger), doubleduplicateduplication,facsimilefetchlikenesslook-alikematchmirror image,picturereplicaringerspitspitting imagetwin

This was pretty helpful - although being a sorta visual kinda pug I needed more. So Mommy gave me this as an example of what she was talking about

NOW I get where she is coming from.

HAPPY THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Learning something new everyday makes you more interesting  . . . and it is a lot of fun.















11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you need a arrow pointing at the real Noodles, whos who!

The Mad Scots

stellaroselong said...

ah he is cute and that is funny!
stellar rose

Idaho PugRanch said...

How nice of you Noodles to give that other pug a ride. Can you flip over and let him take over??
hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

Meredith LeBlanc said...

At least your doppelgänger doesn't eat much!

XOXOXO
Meredith & Scarlet

Sally Ann and Andy said...

Does your doppelganger eat dog toys and books?

Pug Slope said...

Noodles, I can't tell which is which?! Is that you with an upside-down pug on your back, or are you riding upside-down on the back of another pug?! I think I gotta re-read that definition again - my brain hurts.

-Love,
Sid.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Mom is making up nutty words. But it looks like you have a dop...a....thing
Benny & Lily

Bunk said...

Oh my! Where is Noodles? And where is the doppie?

Matilda the Boxer said...

OMD, you has a Noodles backpack! That's pawesome.

Flea said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Pawsome. :)

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

Hehehe, is it curable?! Noodles you're too funny!! By the way, I left something for you on my post today!! ;-)