Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bright Eyes

Like all pugs I LIKE FOOD. There isn't much in the way of edibles (and some SUPPOSEDLY non-edibles) I don't like.
Except the HOT chile my Uncle W tried to get me to eat last weekend.
I didn't like it at all. Well, maybe a little . . . but it burned my tongue so I stopped nibbling on it.

In the religion I call FOOD, there is of course a ceremony attached to its preparation and presentation. What is it you ask????

Well . . .
  
Ceremonies may have a physical display or theatrical component: dance, a procession, the laying on of hands
I JUMP up on Mommy's legs while whimpering ever so slightly. She PROCEEDS to push me down with her HANDS and threatens to NOT FEED me unless I behave.

A declaratory verbal pronouncement may explain or cap the occasion, for instance:
  • I now pronounce you man and wife.          I am hungry NOW
  • I swear to serve and defend the nation ... o  I SWEAR I am hungry NOW
  • I declare open the games of ...                o  I declare it is DINNER TIME
  • I/We dedicate this ... ... to ...                   o  I/We dedicate this meal to ME
Two times a day we go through this ceremony.

My humans are vegetarians so they automatically think out of the box (actually my kibble is in a bag) when it comes to feeding me. While they do not feed me a vegetarian diet, they do include a wide variety of fruits and veggies in my dish.

Take for example the above meal. Do I need to shout it?????
Cantaloupe!!!! Cool - Juicy -Sweet Cantaloupe!!!!
See how my eyes light up when Mommy comes in with my food?
YUMMMMMMMM!

9 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

You have a funny ceremony. Tuni yells at mom while turning in circles and I stare at mom. I usually start staring at her an hour before dinner time. I guess I try to orb my way into an early dinner like Bellatrix. What is the white ball in your dish?

Sequoia

Corbin said...

hehe I thought your cantaloupe was a fortune cookie!
-Corbin

Noodles said...

Sequoia and Tuni
The white ball is to keep me from gulping my food. When I was littler I would eat so fast I would choke a little. The ball forces me to slow down.
I still don't chew much.
Love Noodles

agent99 said...

Funny you should mention food, we are posting about the Foo's culinary preferences today too.
And we LOVEZ us canty-lope. and tomato, and, well whatever the humans drop on the floor!
LOL @ the ball, we eats pretty fast too, in @ 47 secs.

Crabbie Chris said...

I love zucchini!! I've never had cantelopes before...I may give that a try. Mom feeds me in KONGS, makes me slow down. I've also just begun to eat out of another toy called "Squirrel Dude" takes me forever to eat, so I'm not sure I like it.

Noodles said...

Hi Bellatrix,
Glad mom does not feed me in a KONG - I hate them. I love so many vegetables that I can honestly say I have never met a vegetable I don't like. I love lettuce as a treat. And carrots, celery, sweet potato, zucchini, cucumber, and so on.
OH!!! I am getting hungry writing this.
Love Noodles

Kitty+Coco said...

Oh dears, Mom didn't think of all of the veggies, but now she knows. I am thinking this could really hurt my sprinkle cheese in every meal routine...

Kitty

Simply Pug said...

Oh Noodles!
You have many funny smart words to bark out.
Maybe there should be a Pug Religion AKA Food Religion?
~Baby and Lucy

Maddy and Owen said...

BOL Noodles! You are truly happy to see your dinner :) I am too, being part pug and part beagle I am known to like food! I have never tried cantaloupe in my food...I do however like tomatoes in it-YUM!
Wags,
Maddy