Monday, April 4, 2016

After Thirty Days, I FEEL Healthier. . .

Thirty Day Challenge for Holistic Blend Chicken Rice and Vegetable

Look at all that GOODNESS!!!


March was a special month for Molly and Me. We chose to do a 30 day challenge for a product on Chewy.com. This particular product was **Holistic Blend dog food. We had never tried it before so we were game - but before we said yes, Mommy checked out their website for the IMPORTANT stuff like what is in the food, where it is made, and what claims does it make regarding our health.

She liked what she saw so we said YES to the challenge. The BIG BAG OF FOOD arrived a couple of days later but Mommy tortured us by making us wait until March 1 to start the challenge. In essence, we did a 31 day challenge because we ate the food - and only Holistic Blend Chicken, Rice and Vegetable - for the whole 31 days.

This was after 15 days


Let me be more specific here - I, Noodles the Pug, ate the food for 31 days, two meals a day. Molly was super GUNG-HO for the food at first, as we all were; but after about a week she decided it was not for her. First she took a long time to eat her food and then she stopped eating it all-together. I helped by eating it for her UNTIL I got caught. No double meals for me after that. I was only trying to be HELPFUL. . .

This is how much food I get per meal

Me sitting pretty before TASTING
BUT why am I upside down?



But I found it to be a super YUMMY food that I will happily eat all the time. YES, it is true I am a pug and therefore ANY food is yummy and I will happily EAT it all the time. But it remains true that Holistic Blend is a very fine food and I honestly believe it made me full longer (what are we talking? Thirty - Forty seconds? Well then, YES it did). I give it FOUR PAWS RAISED VERY HIGH for quality and tastiness.


This food is SOOOO Tasty!

Did it improve my health? Well, hard to say. I am pretty young still and quite healthy. My coat remains shiny and soft, my eyes clear and focused. It did not improve my teeth but it never claimed to and that is the one thing Mommy wishes could be improved. But I digress.

The truth of the matter is this - a good quality food has far reaching benefits which make the price inconsequential. I gain more in health points (and less in body weight) by eating such a rich in protein and low on filler food. In the long run, in terms of vet and food bills, it is a better bargain than cheaper less nutritious food.

I suggest if you are unsatisfied with your current kibble AND/OR just need a change, let your fingers do the shopping on Chewy.com and order yourself a bag of Holistic Blend dog food. There are more flavors available - Turkey and Salmon, Lamb and Rice, and Marine 5 Fish in addition to the Chicken and Vegetable that I tried. I am sure you can find one to suit your palate.

* I was not paid for this challenge nor for the comments and opinions in this post. I received free of charge enough food for the 30 days for two dogs.

**FROM the FACT SHEET of Holistic Blend dog food 

CHICKEN AND RICE
Free range Chicken (Human Grade/ No By-Products or Rendered Meats) • Holistic & Conventional Veterinarian Recommended • Chelated minerals, whole grains, fruits, antioxidants and herbs • Balanced Omega 6 & 3 fatty acids (5-2 ratio) • Ingredients allow for smaller feeding portions
INGREDIENTS
Chicken meal, whole brown rice, hulless barley, chicken meat,
oatmeal, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a
source of vitamin E), potato, natural chicken flavour, sunflower oil
(preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), wild
salmon meal, dried whole eggs, flax meal, yeast culture, dried
kelp, tomato, carrots, pumpkin, cranberries, spinach, broccoli,
green apple, blueberries, pears, bananas, rosemary extract,
cinnamon, turmeric, capsicum, chamomile, dandelion, paprika.
Vitamins: choline chloride, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3
supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, L-ascorbyl (source
of vitamin C), inositol, D-calcium pantothenate, thiamine
mononitrate, riboflavin, beta-carotene, pyridoxine hydrochloride,
folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement. Minerals: calcium
carbonate, zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, iron proteinate, zinc
oxide, copper proteinate, copper sulfate, manganese proteinate,

manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, L-lysine.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 25 % min
Crude Fat 15 % min
Crude Fibre 3 % max
Moisture 10 % max
Ash 8 % max
Omega 6 3.5 % min
Omega 3 0.45 % min

9 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

It is too bad that Molly didn't care fur this food.
BUTT that is somethingy that We need to know about... so we can make INFORMED choices from the variety of thingys that CHEWY.COM has to offer.
Noodle, I like that you mentioned that it is a foodable choice that is available for those who have a need to have Special Foodables... and YOU did LIKE IT... and you did WELL on it.
We love the FAIR and HONEST Evaluation and Thoughts.

stellaroselong said...

That's one of the good things about Mr. Chewy he always lets you choose what you like, even if you don't. We thought that picture of you two was really cute.
stella rose

Pug Slope said...

Glad you liked the new food, Noodles. I also appreciated your strategy to get some double dinner (aka the best thing ever).

-Love,
Sid.

Julie said...

Oh wow Noodles, does your foodables taste even better if you eat it upside down????
AND….I bet Molly's share tasted even better than yours, why does that always happen?
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Samantha said...

Glad you love the new food!!

Murphy said...

Finding a good food is impawtent!

Murphy & Stanley

LBJ said...

Abby didn't care for the Holistic blend (she is SUPER picky) but Barkley just LOVED it and his coat was SO shiny after I switched to that from a cheaper food. He turned his nose up at other foods but not that one. Thanks for sharing.

Abby Lab

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

I gotzta due this SAME THING with this SAME FOOD! Like your mom, my mom woodn't agree tue it UNTIL she checked it out. We r both really happy with it. Like u, my coat wuz shiny anyway BUTT this food kept it that way an'mom wuz happy'bout that. An'I don't unnerstand y your mom woodn't let u "help out" Molly by eatin'her'z - sumtimez our peepz just don't unnerstand us.
Lady Shasta of Beaglebratz Manor

Unknown said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, coach outlet, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, hollister pas cher, true religion outlet, lululemon, coach purses, converse pas cher, hogan, timberland, replica handbags, michael kors, michael kors, nike air max, hermes, nike air max, nike air max, burberry, air force, north face, michael kors, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, coach outlet, burberry outlet online, new balance pas cher, mulberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, north face, true religion jeans, hollister, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, ray ban pas cher