Friday, April 1, 2016

An Empty Bag Tale by Sunshine the Cat

Holistic Blend Cat Food ROCKS

I am Sunshine the Cat and I am 14 years old in MAY! I am slower than I used to be but still feisty. I think most of my longevity is due to a good diet and lots of love. I am a very loved cat.

Not so long ago all I would eat was junky food - Kit n Kaboodle and Cat Chow were my favorites. I struggled with my weight as a result because those foods, while offering a lot in the way of nutrition, are full of fillers and non-food group stuff. So along comes Noodles the Pug and her Mommy began by feeding her the food she felt she could afford. And she learned a lot along the way. She learned that pet food with EMPTY CALORIES, like the above mentioned kinds of food, are fine and dandy until you realize your pet is getting fat despite really small portions and getting lazier as a result. It was a mean cycle of trying to find something to fill a pug belly and keep her healthy. I was in the same cycle.

Enter Chewy.com and their panoply of healthier food choices made with real meats, real veggies, and real good-for-you grains. Our household has since tried a lot of them. The best foods, we have discovered, are so rich in proteins and minerals that eating a regular (small) portion provides everything a healthy animal needs AND helps keep the weight down. In the long run - even though these foods COST a little more, the return in a healthy pet makes it a BARGAIN in lower vet bills.

So I spent a whole entire month eating Holistic Blend Cat food for both of my daily meals. No additives - which I had been insisting on since we tested them a couple of months ago - were allowed. And guess what? I not only ATE EVERY NUGGET, but I did so in ONE SITTING and willingly. ALL-MONTH-LONG. I begged for my meal and willingly jumped up to eat it as it was served. Thirty days of eating ONE FOOD and loving it for THIRTY DAYS.

And HOW did I do? Well, my weight stayed the same. So did my age so I still move slowly and get up from my chair gingerly. But I am a regular visitor to my box (yes, SHE checks my poop, too) and all is well in that department. I consider this a PLUS-PLUS for a 14 year old CAT.

At the end of the day, I think this was one of the best foods YET that we have tried for this here SENIOR cat. It is yummy and filled with the things I need to keep me healthy and relatively active for the rest of my years.

Will I still like this food if SHE gets me another bag? Hmmmmm, good question. I am, after all, a fussy C-A-T and am not above switching my allegiances from one moment to the next. But I really like this food and HEY! I just might find it in my heart to keep eating and enjoying it.

CHEWY.COM offers a whole variety of Holistic Blend cat foods. I tried chicken and salmon because I really love chicken. But I recommend venturing out and trying another flavor. I don't think you will be disappointed. 

*I received one bag free of charge of Holistic Blend cat food in order to try the product and offer an honest opinion. I was not paid any money nor was I told what to write about the product. All opinions expressed in this post are Sunshine the Cat's and no one else's.

6 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

My kitty sister Pigeon turned 14 in January. She says it's the purrrfect age.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

SUNSHINE.... you did a SUPER job of reviewing this new Foodable. We are SOOO glad that it is working out so PURRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrfectly fur you...

We are VERY happy that you can find it Easily at Chewy.com... and have it delivered to you so Quickly...

Samantha said...

Such a great job reviewing Sunshine!!

Idaho PugRanch said...

Nice review there Sunshine. Tell your mom that we pugs are really enjoying our Solid Gold, our mom is going to order another bag from Chewy real soon
hugs
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

LBJ said...

I didn't like the kibble Mom first had me on even through it was an expensive kind, I just wasn't cranked about the taste. Then she got some Blue Basic through Chewy and I just LOVE that flavor. I get that and my Orijen Freeze Dried duck treats.

Thanks Chewy and thank YOU Sunshine the cat for spreading the word.

Abby Lab

Unknown said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, coach outlet, true religion jeans, nike free run uk, kate spade handbags, hollister pas cher, true religion outlet, lululemon, coach purses, converse pas cher, hogan, timberland, replica handbags, michael kors, michael kors, nike air max, hermes, nike air max, nike air max, burberry, air force, north face, michael kors, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, abercrombie and fitch, vans pas cher, tn pas cher, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, coach outlet, burberry outlet online, new balance pas cher, mulberry, oakley pas cher, michael kors, sac guess, nike roshe, ralph lauren uk, north face, true religion jeans, hollister, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban uk, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, vanessa bruno, ray ban pas cher