Tuesday, April 5, 2016

She Went to the Beach and I Got Treats

We are very proud of our Japan Town. It is very beautiful and filled with wonderful businesses. Biscuits is located on
the left in this photo - sandwiched between Kogura and Nikkei Traditions


As some of you might know, Mommy #2 abandoned me and went to the coast. She went to a BEACH that allows dogs so there was really no excuse for her to not take me. She told me later that it was a bit cold and I probably would not have enjoyed myself much. I think I would have but that is a discussion for another time.

On the way home, she and Auntie B stopped by JAPAN TOWN for some ice cream at Jimbos (they serve yummy stuff there - very Hawaiian - I know.  .  . I have tasted it before. So she decided that since she was in Japan Town, she would pay Biscuits: Give a Dog a Bone a visit.

According to Wikipedia, San Jose's Japan Town was originally settled around a China Town. The two cultures still share cultures in the area. It is one of THREE Japan Towns still viable in California..

BISCUITS is our favorite boutique because it carries very healthy toys, snacks, and food as well as organic pet health products. There are clothes that support the local teams and even kimonos so we can attend Nikkeimatsuri and Obon dressed in style. There is so much to buy that a pug can go crazy trying to make a decision. Mommy limits me to one thing ONCE in a while.

AND THE OWNER, Ms Jennifer, is the coolest human I know! She recognizes me when ever I go there and she always always always gives me a treat (with Mommy's permission). She has a real understanding of what pooches like and she is MOM to TWO rescues!!!

So Mommy and Auntie B looked around and ended up buying these treats for us



 Don't these look fun? Mommy is such a Star Wars freak that I am not surprised she bought these. I am sure she wishes they were for her. They contain wheat so they are not for pooches with allergies - but otherwise they are dog friendly. We have not tried them yes so I really cannot tell you if they are yummy or not. BUT, they are from BISCUITS so I am betting they are the best. Everything I have ever bought at Biscuits is yummy IF it is eatable.

We, me and Molly, DID get to try these PUPCAKES, though. OMP! They are NOT to be believed. Absolutely yummy and delicious and tasty and any other superlative you can dream up. I give them FOUR paws up just for being food - FOUR MORE for being the stuff dreams are made of.

I am sorry a lot of you are not in the Bay Area to be able to visit Biscuits. It is just the best. But if you have a favorite boutique near you, be sure to visit it. Buying local and supporting small businesses is the WAY TO GO.

I am so happy Japan Town has this shop.


8 comments:

stellaroselong said...

I was just wondering if you knew if those treats could be mailed.....just in case you ever would want to mail them anywhere in ...well in the United States, like in IOWA...you know if you KNEW anyone who lived in IOWA like another pug??? S.R

Julie said...

OMD,OMD, a TREAT shop called Biscuits! That's pawsome AND look at the TREATs you got…I'm drooling over here!!!!
Is Mom home again, has she escaped from The Mouse?
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMPug.... THOSE Snacks are GRAND... they are STAR WARS... they must taste... OUTTA THIS WORLD. Pawhaps you should consider forgiving the Mommy fur THIS one Time... JUST this ONCE though.

Samantha said...

Those snacks are amazing!!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Let her go anywhere if treats are involved
Lily & Edward

Matilda the Boxer said...

Those look super tasty! I'd love to snack on Darth Vader's head. BOL!

Sophie said...

Now I wouldn't be surprised to see in Star Wars titles "dog friendly". Your Mommy wish the best for you for sure.

LBJ said...

Mom loved the Star Wars cookies. How fun! Next time, hopefully you will get to go.

Abby Lab