Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Anticipation of a Treat

What this photo does not show is the sliding motion of my paws. I am jiggling
with excitement and my paws won's stay put.
There is nothing better than the anticipation of a TREAT. Other than actually GETTING the treat - that's a lot better. But the anticipation . . . . that is something special. It all begins with those magical words

"Noodles and Molly - do you want a treat?"

As if I would ever say no.

SHE goes about doing her THING while we spend a couple of seconds - which seem like hours - looking at each other in amazement, "Did she REALLY say that?" Then we realize it IS HAPPENING and we dash like idiots where ever SHE might be. At last we see them - the treats, that is - is her hand, teasing us.

"First I need you to sit and calm down," she says. "I don't give treats to girls who are acting all weird and anxious."

Well, who wouldn't be anxious? This is a TREAT! Not an every day occurrence around here. Okay, okay every day yes - for doing nothing special, I think NOT! But here we are, minding our own business and not doing anything special and a TREAT is being offered seemingly for no reason at all.

I am squirming and twitching all over at the thought of a treat. I yip. I smile. I yawn (?) Anything to make the time for the treat NOW. Nothing. We sit.
And sit.
And Sit.

My legs are no longer holding me up as I slide to a LAY DOWN rather than a sit. I can't help it. The burden of the moment is almost too much for me. It overwhelms me.

"Noodles, there are no treats for laying down," she says, And I try very hard to stay upright despite the increasing anxiety.

Finally she says "Good" and gives us our un-asked-for and unexpected treats.

I think I have just found paradise.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

4 comments:

stellaroselong said...

Parents are tough. stella rose

Murphy said...

Our mom makes me BOW for a treat! Not Stanley though, just me! Pawrents sure are demanding!

Your Pals,

Murphy & Stanley

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OMD OMD we can NOT believe that she would tell you to Sit and Be STILL... when she is dangling TREATS in front of your EYES and NOSES... WHAT a silly thingy to have said...
WE are shivering and Quivering right along with you!!!!

GIVE THOSE TREATS OUT..... N O W !

Pug Slope said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one that can't contain my excitement when a treat is about to be delivered. I screech with anticipation! Hope it was a good snack!

-Love,
Sid.