Tuesday, April 12, 2016

If It's From Chewy.com Then It Must Be . . .




















I get so excited when a box from Chewy.com arrives. I know it is usually filled with the most AMAZING food and treats imaginable. Even the non-edibles are fun as we have received toys and bandannas and bags before. I always look forward to the arrival of something from Chewy.com - to say the least.

So last week the PACKAGE guy came to the door and dropped something off. I repeatedly asked him "What is it? What is it? What is is? but he never responded. Maybe I was not loud enough of something. But Mommy said "I know what THIS is and it is NOT for you, Noodles." I had forgotten that this month we chose a Sunshine the Cat type item for HER to review. Apparently SOMEONE convinced Molly and Me that it was in our best interest.

This past weekend Mommy decided to open the package. I was very puzzled by this behavior as she generally opens Chewy.com packages right away so we can enjoy the EATABLES right away. We had had this package for almost a whole WEEK and I was thinking maybe this was a cat thing because they are very picky about food and snacks and maybe don't like to be thrown a treat at just ANYTIME.




I thought it a little strange when Mommy "posed" the bag of stuff with a cleaned out Kitty Potty Box. She does not usually do things like that. I figured she had some artsy fartsy reason for doing so and let it go. I went along with her INSANITY. I was curious about what kind of "treat" Sunshine would be reviewing.



Eventually, after taking like a BAZILLION photos, Mommy OPENED the bag. Out drifted this pleasant aroma - kind of nutty and earthy. Then she PUT IT IN THE POTTY BOX. Okay, now I was sooooo confused. Why did she (1) scrub out the potty box and (2) why was she pouring that delicious smelling stuff into it? It all made no sense. THEN I remembered that Sunshine has TWO potty boxes and perhaps this is why Mommy was apparently repurposing this one.

Then she walked away on some mission or other. I don't know. She was gone a long time. "Is this a TEST?" I thought. So I sat there. . . starring at the box filled with nuttiness. I walked closer and took a big sniff. It was too tantalizing. So I took a nibble.

That's where it all went crazy. I was snuffling into the pile of "treats" when Mommy came back and started yelling at me. I looked at her all confused because if she didn't WANT me to try the snack tray then she shouldn't have left it in FRONT of me like that. And Sunshine, by the way, was right there and she could have joined me in TESTING it.

Mommy pushed my little pug bottom out of the way, yelling the whole time "Bad Dog!" and running to get the broom (I was a little messy with my snack attack). I was so confused so I slunk into my crate and LAID LOW until the heat was off the situation.

Once she cleaned up, moved the SNACK TRAY and calmed down, Mommy explained why I was OUT OF LINE. "Noodles, Noodles, Noodles my dear," she said. "I am so glad that stuff is natural and non-toxic - but it is *CAT LITTER* and not food."  I was still a little confused because to me litter is the mess left lying around and frankly, Sunshine does this all the time. "Noodles, that is a POTTY BOX and kitty litter is what the cat potties into." 



Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I am so embarrassed now.



*Sunshine is testing and will write her review later this month:
World's Best Cat Litter Scoopable Multiple Cat Clumping Formula
This litter is made from whole kernal corn and is people and earth friendly. Might I also add DOG friendly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noodles! We all make mistakes so don't be embarrassed. After all, the box says "Chewy." Daisy's rule is "Eat first; ask questions later." So far we've been lucky and haven't had to go to the vet, but mom is holding her breath. We hope NEXT MONTH you get your own Chewy box. And we also hope that Sunshine knows what a lucky kitty she is.

Daisy and Scooter Pugman

Samantha said...

Aww maybe next time!!

Matilda the Boxer said...

If it's from Chewy, it MUST be eatables! Sheesh. Silly mommas.

Pug Slope said...

Poor Noodles! What a disappointment to get an awesome box from Mr. Chewy and have it turn out to not only be non-edible, but then to be for the CAT instead of the PUG! The only thing to do is sit by the door and stare at it until the UPS person brings the NEXT Mr. Chewy box.

-Love,
Sid.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WE are with you on this Confusion thingy, Noodles... We have HEARD BLOGVILLE RUMORS that there are DELIGHTFUL Treats Left in those pans by Kitties... So what was the big fuss... YOU were just Checking out the Validity of the Rumor Mill... RIGHT..??????

DARN... we have NEVER had a Chewy.com box arrive that WASN'T fur US...
do you suppose this is a TREND??? What next... Boxes fur SQUIRRELS???
Disturbing and Troubling.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Its gotta be good!
love
tweedles

Julie said...

Dear Noodles, I am ALWAYS envious when Chewy boxes arrives at your house 'cos it is always full of wonderful foodables and treats, maybe, just on this one occasion I am NOT quite so envious.
However, I would LOVE, LOVE LOVE to have the first Chewy box you showed….yep, i would luffs to receive a Chewy box wiv a NOODLES inside…where can i order myself one of those??????????
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx