Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Humble Hound

 A fable by Mommy #1

So The Creator looked over all of his creatures
One stood out among the throng as being different
It was sweet and loving
It was smart and obedient
It was warm and cuddly
In fact, it was so special that The Creator decided to give it a special name.
So he thought and thought and thought about a name
Finally he snapped his fingers and said "I've got it!"
"This creature is most special and deserves a special name"
I will take MY name and reverse it"

And that is how the creature became known as DOG.

10 comments:

Payton said...

Aww, that was beautiful! I heard a kid explain why dogs have such a short life by saying that dogs already know all the best virtues (love, kindness, etc), but humans need a lot longer to learn them.
Love,
Payton

Unknown said...

Awwwhhhhh......very nice, and VERY true!

Wilma said...

Oh Noodles, I just love it. So sweet. Your Momma is right, we are special!

The Ladies of Beaglebratz Manor said...

Oh that iz a most speshal little fable an'our mom no'z how true it iz tu!
~Shiloh'n Shasta~

dw said...

That is such a great fable!

Maddy and Owen said...

Very Nice :)
Wags,
Maddy and Owen

Anakin Man said...

We like this fable-
very cute Miss Noodles.

hugs,
IzZY, TriXie and Anakin Man

pee-s

HapPy b-lated birfday little Miss!!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

youare something else....so talented
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Noodles
I love this fable and it is so true!
love
tweedles

moPSY+MISIOber said...

I have a special song for you Noodles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY

and I'm maybe a stupid girl, but I cry every time I'm listening it.

Enjoy :)