Friday, November 3, 2017

A Remembrance of Times Past - Summer




I remember when days were Long
Warm days, morning Fog
Up with the sun, early morn
Sunlight lasting for hours

Youthful vigor and voiced fun
Up at dawn and down with the Sun
Ample adventure through the day
Ripe fruit brightening the vines

I remember fondly as I look back
Of smells and sounds I now lack
For quiet ushers in the Fall
A whispered breeze through falling leaves

Now's the Sun's chance to rest
The few hours shining, just to test
My resolve to get out of bed
And face the chilling gray sky






3 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Very nice poem Noodles. We are already longing for sun and longer warmer days
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

Lovely poem.

The Daily Pip said...

That's lovely, Noodles. We remember, too.