Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Making My Own Gifts - And Stuff


I don't know about you, but I have ZERO patience with shopping for Christmas. It is so stressful and rushed. The malls are crowded and people are NOT SHOWING the Christmas spirit at all. I realize one must buy a couple of gifts BUT when I can make something - I TRY.

So I was pondering what that could be for this Christmas; and since I am running out of time, I thought perhaps something edible might be in order. It has to be spectacular and has to be simple. So of course I thought - Rice Krispie Treats. Now I ALWAYS make these in rectangles. Sometimes I make them oval for Easter Eggs. But this time I wanted something to reflect me. SO over this past weekend, I practiced what I thought was a winner.

I wanted something quite CUTE and PETITE and, well, ME!!!!! How hard would it be to sculpt miniature MEs from cereal? They show it ALL the time on those cooking shows and I KNEW I could handle the task.

What I wanted was this


Doesn't exactly look like me but hey! It's a PUG. My tongue is a lot smaller and more of a rosette. . . my ears are perkier. . . and I DO NOT have brown around my BLACK eye patches. Hmmmm. I finally decided I DID NOT want to work with fondant anyhow.

So I went to Pinterest and found this 

I see the "Artist" used Coco Krispies for the dark parts and overall it is successful. But I decided to ADD MORE COLOR and see what happens. After all, a REAL PUG had definite black eye patches and most of the muzzle is black and my ears. . . well they are pretty dark as well. I got out the GEL food coloring and started mixing to get black.

I don't know what happened. . . I followed the recipe and EVERYTHING. But at the end of the day I got this


Hmmmmm.

Excuse me FURiends. I need to grab my purse and head to the MALL. It seems I have a lot more shopping to do for Christmas.

5 comments:

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

BOL! We always love those 'nailed it' photos. Actually we have lots of those nailed it incidents around here.

Matilda the Boxer said...

Momma says we're getting a house for Christmas. I'm planning on giving her some EXTRA big kisses and snuggles.

The Daily Pip said...

I have lots of those nailed it moments, too. DIY is hard!

Idaho PugRanch said...

BOL!

Anonymous said...

We hope you got to eat the failures. Nothing like adventures in cooking. Happy shopping!

Daisy and Scooter Pugman