Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Love Me Some Hockey #SJBarracuda #PucksandPaws


I am pretty sure my long time followers know about my love for HOCKEY - specifically the San Jose Sharks. . . and more specifically JOE THORNTON. I cannot control myself. I get so into the game and when they score - well the cacophony in this house is unbelievable.

Joe (Jumbo) Thornton


So when Mommy asked if I wanted to go to a HOCKEY game, Pucks and Paws, I said SURE!!! What could be better than seeing JOE THORNTON live and in action. Well, wait! Mommy stopped me in mid-celebration. This is a San Jose BARRACUDA AHL game, not San Jose SHARKS NHL game. But sometimes SJ Sharks who are rehabbing will play on the 'Cuda for a while. But not Joe Thornton.

My disappointment was palpable but did not last for long. Mommy reminded me it is still hockey and still professional. It will be fun, she excitedly told me. Think about it. The game was not until November 26, post-Thanksgiving, so I had a fair about of time to mull it over and decide that she was RIGHT. Because when push comes to shove, I am a H-O-C-K-E-Y fan.

The day arrived and wouldn't you know it - it was pouring rain. And we had to wait in this really long line to be checked in. But it was okay. Mommy had the foresight to bring a towel and an umbrella which kept us from getting too too wet. Plus, the "DOG" entrance had a lot of cover and it was just the last part that forced us out into the rain. We waited what seemed like an eternity (it was 20 minutes) to get in but we did. Oh was I excited!!!!!

I am not sure Molly was excited. She was yappy all the way in which means she was anxious. Eventually, once we sat down, she was okay. I think she enjoyed it.

Anxious Molly

I am soooooo happy

Our seats were really good. You can't tell from this photo but we were only about 8-10 rows from the ice. We saw a lot of faces smashed into the paneling. The game moves so fast at ice level. Television does not convey the same sense of speed. It was so exciting!!! Mommy was right - I didn't need Joe Thornton to enjoy HOCKEY. (But he helps)


The giveaway for #PucksandPaws was a Bobblehead of the SJ Sharks defenseman Marc-Eduard Vlasic (Pickles) and his 3 dogs. He is a huge advocate for rescues. He was also there with his pups and that was extra exciting - I really did get to see a #SanJoseSharks player!!! And in the box sat former SJ Shark player now part of the coaching staff was Mike Ricci AND GM Doug Wilson. So much fun.

Rather late in the game we discovered that all the time we were sitting in front of THIS dog


His name is Bruce and he is One and a half years old. Isn't he a charmer? I think his pawrents were kinda new to the pug thing because real PUG PEOPLE immediately connect with other pug people. And they said nothing to us when we (blindly) sat down IN FRONT of them. There were a total of 4 pugs from the estimated 700 dogs in attendance. There were quite a few Frenchies as well. I saw many little dogs but A LOT of big big dogs. And they were vocal sometimes. I wasn't - other than the door bell (??? What were they thinking) at the very beginning of the game. ALL OF THE DOGS THOUGHT IT WAS REAL AND BARKED. It was so funny!

Eventually the 'Cuda came back from a 1-3 deficit to win the game 5-3. I really thought it was the most fun. ALMOST - and I said almost - as fun as Bark in the Park. Maybe as they have more and more of them the vendors will join. We love visiting the vendors and talking with vets at the Bark in the Park.

Molly is less sure about going to another game. This is how she "Watched" the action -

She only opened her eyes for the photo

Thank you San Jose Barracuda for a totally PAWSOME day. Please do a Pucks and Paws again. It was so FUN.

And the 'Cuda play pretty good hockey as well.




3 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

OMD, how exciting! I've been to a baseball game, but never a hockey game! What a fun time!

Julie said...

Wow, you get to go to some AMAZING places Noodles...what funs!!!!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
PeeS I nose what you mean about other pup owners, whenever we see another cav we all, pups and peeps act like they are long lost relations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

jordan 1 high
jordan shoes
kd shoes
alexander mcqueen shoes
off white shoes outlet
supreme
yeezy boost 350
kd shoes
supreme
adidas yeezy