Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pink, Pink, Pink


It just so happens I like PINK and I wear it well. Occasionally I ROCK a pink sweater or a pink DRESS. on rare occasions, I wear a pink WIG. I have rather short fur - a lot of it, but it's short. So when I want to feel extra special, I wear a PINK WIG. I also like PINK because it is the international color for BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH (October).  It is symbol of hope and a symbol of the continuing battle to make people aware of breast cancer. It, cancer, does not happen just to women, though. Despite the pink logo and pushing of pink ribbon products, breast cancer is NOT just a womans' issue. It happens to men as well. Have any of you seen the television show "A Million Little Things"? well, one of the storylines deals with this topic because one of the characters is a man who has battled breast cancer. And he bonds with an auxiliary character who is currently battling breast cancer. Sounds droll but it is a very good show which really sends the message that breast cancer can happen to anyone. I highly recommend this show - I generally snore through the whole program - but some of the time I am fake snoring and I am really watching and taking in the story with one eye open. I found this blog that talks about the show - specifically the cancer storyline:

https://www.curetoday.com/community/bonnie-annis/2019/02/with-breast-cancer-its-always-a-million-little-things


Here are some of the things from https://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/breast-cancer-awareness-month  you STILL HAVE TIME to do in Breast Cancer Awareness Month:

  1. Download our free Dense Breasts Q&A Guide
  2. Share the story of how you or a loved one have been affected by breast cancer
  3. Make a one-time or monthly donation to help provide a mammogram for a woman in need
  4. Host a fundraiser benefitting NBCF
  5. Volunteer to join in Helping Women Now
  6. Proudly wear a pink ribbon during October or year-round
  7. Share about Breast Cancer Awareness Month on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn
A lot of little things done by a lot of people add up to a lot of things happening 


No comments: