Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Lake Tahoe Exploring



Hi everyone,
Noodles comin' to ya from the great Lake Tahoe area. I did some exploring yesterday and wanted to share with you all that I discovered. It took ALL DAY and SIX WALKS to finally find the lake. But more about that in a later post.

The first part of my journey took me through THE GREAT FOREST BEYOND (the backyard). Here I discovered what I am calling . . . ummm . . . the Brown Spiny Things. These natives to the Sierra Mountains are known for their ability to roll and tumble when chased . . . and chased . . . and . . . You get the picture. Are they eatible, I mean edible? I tried and tried to explore this question - but after the FOURTH time out I decided that NO, they are NOT!




My next discovery is this impressive looking rock. Never in all my explorations have I seen such a lovely (except when I went camping at Emerald Bay and I just remembered it, a-hem) boulder! I named this one YUMMY ROCK because . . . well all you Pugs know why, huh? I did a scientific check on this particular specimen - I tried a chew. After a FIFTH TIME OUT, I declared it delish but endangered and left it alone.



My final discovery is a native plant found all over THE GREAT FOREST BEYOND.
I like to call it the Instant Chew Toy. They are definitely well seasoned and flavorful AND have a pleasant feel in the mouth. They also lend themselves well to a vigorous game of "Drop It Now Or I'll" chase. I tested this phenomena a number of times until the SIXTH TIME OUT sent me off on further explorations.


I hope you have enjoyed this chapter of Lake Tahoe Exploring.
I'll be back soon with more things to see and do while visiting Lake Tahoe.

2 comments:

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Ooh you found a delish rock that is endangered? Noodles you are famous you needs to tell everyones! But one questions, whats it taste like? I bets it is so yummy! You looks like you are having funs!

Hugs,
S&P

Lauren M. Davis Folk Art! said...

Ohhhh neat-o wooks wike youz is havin a wonderful time!!!! I wish I could go do some fun explorin!!!!! ~Hugs~ the fuzzy gang