Friday, November 19, 2010

Got Game!


A lot has been discussed about how a DOG (but this also begs the question - is this true of all dogs or are pugs particularly blessed like this? My non-pug friends excepted, of course.) can play a board game. Well I am here to show you it CAN BE DONE. According to an article I read (Thanks Biscuits-Give A Dog A Bone, www.shopbiscuits.com), dogs are adept at MAKING humans PERFORM tasks FOR them. So I put this theory to the test by playing Monopoly with MY humans.

"So Noodles, do you want to play monopoly?"
I jump up on the couch, crawl into a Mommy's lap and place a paw carefully on the game board. Since I am panting a little from exertion, it looks like I am smiling broadly.

"I guess that's a YES. Want to be Banker?"
I tilt my head sharply to the left - is she KIDDING?

"Okay! I'll be banker. Pick out your token, then."
I reach across and hit the box of tokens. They immediately fall to the ground and scatter. One piece, the Scottie Dog, rolls under the couch. I jump off Mommy's lap and stick my nose UNDER the couch. Commence whimpering.

"That figures that you want the one token that rolls under the couch! Move over and let me get it."
I give her a little lick which SEEMS like a thank you kiss but really is because she had overlooked a little peanut butter on her cheek. Quick treat!

"Okay, we are ready to play. I will roll the dice and move the token for you - because I'm TALLER."
I glare at her. She mistakes it for acceptance.

"You have a seven - One, two, three . . . Noodles move your head so I can move your token four more spaces."
I WANT COMMUNITY CHEST

"Noodles, take your PAW off my ARM! Okay, okay, Community Chest. Advance to Go and collect $200."
Mommy takes a turn. As she is rolling the dice I accidentally yawn and hit her arm. She rolls Snake Eyes. Then she rolls double twos. Then she rolls Snake Eyes again. Three sets of doubles lands her in JAIL!

"Noodles, if you don't stop laying across my arm, I cannot roll the dice."
I start snoring.

"Don't you want to play?"
I suddenly start up and jump onto the coffee table spilling the game pieces in the process.

"Great! Just for that we ARE NOT going to play Monopoly. Let me get your leash. . . I think it is time for a WALK!"
I "smile" broadly and "wink" my eye.

Did Someone say WALK?????

7 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Hope you chomped on the pieces when they hit the floor
Benny & Lily

Noodles said...

@Benny and Lily - You KNOW I did. And ran up the stairs and down the hall before my humans could catch me.
;-)
Love Noodles

Southern Fried Pugs said...

You are so talented and skilled. We can't even fetch. Mom has some pug playing cards though. Maybe we'd be good at poker.

Kristine said...

Point proven, Noodles. Point proven. Dogs are much smarter than humans. ;-)

Those Elgin Pugs said...

hee hees!! 'dis was great Noodles!!
:D

Hugs!!
IzZY, TriXie, Josie and Anakin Man

Oskar said...

It sounds like a fun game, BOL!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Beans4Biscuits said...

Sounds like you are a VERY good board game player!!!

hehe

Signed
Your Monopoly playing Who, Sugar