Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I said . . . . . . . . . . . DUCK!!!!!!!

Duck Meat Anyone?



Thanks to Blogville and the resultant visibility I enjoy from being a blogger, I am occasionally  approached by pet suppliers to review their sites and their products. I admit, I also receive free products from them to review and enjoy. I try not to let this influence how I view a site or business. But I want you all to know, this review was prompted by a email from them.

When Prime Pet Supply contacted me about reviewing their site in exchange for free treats - I said SURE. I'm a PUG, after all. I have a pre-existing condition to LIKE and CRAVE treats. But Mommy said HOLD ON THERE NOODLES! You cannot get just ANY treats. You have your health and your weight to consider. So before I hit the SEND button to accept the mission, Mommy went to Prime Pet Supply's website to check out the proffered TREATS. She also checked out the website for usability, ease of navigation, quantity of supplies, types of supplies, and over all appearance or the site. She was really impressed with it and the company behind it. They carry everything Pet Related from food to leashes. A lot of the shampoos and grooming aids are organic and skin friendly. This is a very TOPICAL subject for me because I just had a bath related SKIN irritation. And they really focus on offering the most natural and organic manufactured food available. Mommy smiled.
www.primepetsupply.com

Here's what she found out about Duck Meat Treats

  • Made in the USA
  • All Natural
  • No artificial preservatives (very important)
  • 100% American Sourced
Mind you, Mommy is not on the ONLY buy American bandwagon, but what these bullet points said to her is the sources are more local and more regulated - and that makes it a good thing. The treats have no artificial fillers or colors either. 

Mommy took her search ONE STEP FURTHER, as usual, and checked out the company, Etta Says, who makes the treats. Here's what she found:
THE COMPANY IS RUN BY A DOG!!!!! That is what I said. . . Etta is a DOG!!! Check it out:

Good enough for me!!!


She checked out some other things about the company, like their ECOness and their CARBON pawprint, and so on. Then she went back to PRIME PET SUPPLY and checked out what they offer besides the AWESOME SOUNDING Etta Says. All in all, she liked what she saw and gave me the PAWS up to go ahead with the review. I hit SEND and received the treats within the week.

The treats are as yummy as they sound - although too big for Molly Picky Eater to enjoy. We got one bag of crunchy and one bag of freeze-dried. She tried both and gave up. So I helped her out by quickly consuming hers because I really really really like them. And as you know, I have a tough time accepting just any liver treat. It must be as tasty as it is healthy. And forget the LOW FAT kind.

We have not ordered from Prime Pet Supply yet but if their CUSTOMER CARE is a awesome as the CARE they take with their BRAND choice, it must be A+. Check them out. Let me know of any experience you have with this website. I would love to know.




9 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

A company run by a dog?! It must be grreat!

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

WOW... you did a VERY much grrrreat job with the review. WELL DONE Noodles.

stellaroselong said...

You researched that very well indeed!
stella rose

Unknown said...

Oh Noodles..do share that NOMNOM in a bag!!!

Mom hopes to be feeling well enough soon to get back into blogging regularly again!

Mason

Angels Amber and Max DaWeenie and Mom said...

Very well done. And I's impressed too since the company is run by a...dog! Can't get any better than that!

:)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Looks good!
Benny & Lily

Frank The Tank said...

Awwwww Noodles this sounds gggrrrrreat! Looks yummy too! I guess it must be good if the company run by a dog and makes doggy things! Good going! Plus i just love duck, I'm sooo over chicken!!! Love and licks from your furiend Frank xxxxxxxx

Pug Slope said...

Thank you for such a thorough review Noodles. I like that your mom looked into the DETAILS and not just the price of the treats or what the print on the front of the package says. It's important to READ ALL THE LABELS so you know where your treats are coming from and what the ingredients are. Although after reading your review I have a sudden craving for some DUCK now. :)

-Love,
Sid.

Oakley and Swisher said...

What a pawesome review and very savvy of your Mom. We might have to have Mom check out the website also. Thanks for the info Noodles!

Lots of licks,
Swisher and Oakley