Thursday, January 23, 2014

Picky Eaters Unite And Give Me All Your Food



Not me! I am not a picky eater. In fact, I am the OPPOSITE of a picky eater! There is almost NOTHING I won't eat. . . almost . . . I don't eat poop . . . or road kill . . . or raw spinach . . . I like to think that I have a HAPPY and HEALTHY relationship with food.

What do I get for this GOOD ATTITUDE? Constant diets and minimal or no treats.

Then there is Molly. When it comes to her meal she is more inclined to turn her nose up at the GOOD FOOD in her dish than to eat it. Her Mommies buy top of the line food for her and when they feed it to her the first time she acts like she can't get enough. Ah! But the second serving is another story. She picks at it. Then the third bowl she refuses to eat so they add stuff to it - yogurt, gravy, and so on. Eventually, and by that I mean in a week's time, she gets to the point where she will only eat the toppings and spit out the food.

I try to help her out so she does not get in TROUBLE for not eating her meal. I stand by her dish - well about 3 feet away, actually - to make sure Sunshine the Cat does not try to home in on her food while she is begging for something, ANYTHING other than what is in her bowl. I wait and I wait - hoping that she will come back and eat. REALLY!!!! Then, when she appears to have no interest in the food, I swoop in and clean up her bowl so the Mommies are none the wiser.

What do I get as a reward? Molly runs after me and growls like I stole the food out of her mouth. Then she looks at the humans with that wide-eyed PAINED expression she has perfected. I get banished from the kitchen and Molly gets . . . . a treat.

My treats, her treats. . . . treats.





The List is GROWING


  1. Wesley McPoodleton suggested more HAPPINESS
  2. Idaho Pug Ranch also suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
  3. Jessie Jane suggested 100 days of Sunshine the Cat (not gonna happen)
  4. Southern Fried Pugs suggested 100 HAPPY THINGS
  5. Susie and Sidebite suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
  6. Frank the Tank suggested more HAPPY THOUGHTS
  7. Mommy #1 suggested 100 NOODLES' FACTS (blush)
  8. Angel Payton, Donald and Daisy's Gampy suggested 100 days of Bloggerville HAPPY/FUNNY/SUPPORTIVE posts
  9. Frankie Furter and Ernie suggested 100 THINGS WE (mostly dogs, but pets) LOVE TO DO
  10. The Slimmer Pugs suggested 100 THINGS NOODLES LOVES TO EAT
  11. Lucy from Feeling Beachie suggested MORE BREAKFAST (I assume she means 100)
  12. Jessie Jane has amended hers to 100 NOODLES ADVENTURES
  13. Susie and Sidebites has amended theirs to 100 THINGS NOODLES DOES TO MAKE US SMILE

9 comments:

Kari in Alaska said...

Big Carl is SUPER picky. He eats every couple days no matter what the food or bribe. Mesa eats all his meals he doesn't eat

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Matilda the Boxer said...

That is NOT fair at all. I think you should get EXTRA treats for being such a good grrl and cleaning your plate!

I think you should post 100 Days of ADVENTURES! They can be adventures you take, adventures you WANT to take, or suggestions of adventures for pups to take with their humans.

Unknown said...

What? Yo sisfur does not like to share with you? *SHOCKED EXPRESSION*

Mason

stellaroselong said...

Well Noodles get this...I stella rose have to eat in isolation cos of my quirks with food and the hideous idea of having to share. I will eat lots of fruits and veggies, and i am a reformed poopeater, that grosses my mom out to even haf to type that for me, the other crazies just like their food and meat.
stella rose

Flea said...

Sounds like Molly has her mommies well trained. :)

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hi Noodles... it is ME..ERNIE!! Your Molly sounds like FRANKIE... He is a Picky and SLOW eater... SLOW SLOW even when he DOES like a food... SLOW SLOW.. What is UP with this... Don't Molly and Frankie know that Food should be EATEN... QUICKLY and TOTALLY... before it Spoils?????

Anonymous said...

Well here's our take;

Great Job Noodles!!!

The Mad Scots

Fozziemum said...

Hi Noodles my name is Doc and I am Molly's date for the ball..i am so pleased to meet you bothe and I must say Molly is quite the looker...hubba hubba...please pass on how excited I am to go to the ball with her this will be a blast! high paws Doc

Pug Slope said...

Noodles, I've got an idea for a new strategy for you. See, if you PRETEND to be a picky eater, you'll get even better tasting food! I know it's like the hardest thing in the world to not tuck in to a full bowl of food, but if you hesitate and sit back you might get some GRAVY or YOGURT toppings!

-Love,
Sid.