Tuesday, December 19, 2017

It's a BOX, It's a BAG, It's a BED? #chewyinfluencer


You may recall my PRE-VIEW from earlier this month when I mentioned that I was trying out and then reviewing the Gen7Pets Carry Me/Sleeper for Chewy.com. I am always HAPPY to help out my dear dear FURiends at Chewy.com because they are so good to me ALL THE TIME. Plus, after Bark at the Park this past summer (the backpack I was transported in BROKE) Mommy was looking at other options for getting me to places; and therefore the timing of this GIG was very good. So I have been using the carrier/bed as much as possible to establish if I like it or not.

Mommy had no problem coercing me into the bag because it looked very spacious to me and I was ready for a NAP. I walked right in, turned around, sat and pretty much made myself at home. Not all carriers allow me to do that. Actually, this fact is a bit of a red flag, if you ask me. AIRPLANE certified carriers do not usually allow me such freedom of movement. I can stand and move a bit - enough to legitimately travel in the bag - but that is about it. I am not sure the Gen7Pets Carry Me/Sleeper will fit under the seat as required. It might! I am not saying it won't because I honestly did not test it. If it does, COOL.

Some of the Key Benefits listed by Chewy.com are -

  • Two modes in one―comfortable carrier easily converts into an on-the-go bed.
  • Unzip the side to transform the carrier into a bed, and top with the cozy fleece pad.
  • Comfy shoulder strap and carry tote handle makes it easy to take along with you.
  • Keeps your pooch cool and comfy with plenty of mesh windows on the top and sides.
  • Features convenient side pockets and a tether for maximum functionality and safety.

The dimensions of the carrier are 20" x 9" x 13" and it is suitable for pets up to 20 lbs. PUG SIZE!!!!! That is so rare. The pad (bed) is removable for washing, too. That is such a wonderful feature because. . . . . .  things happen.

At first, I thought the bed was pretty cool. I STILL think the bed is pretty cool. It is soft and comfy and just the right size for this pug.


I spent the whole first afternoon slumbering in the carrier. Molly and Sunshine both tried to bump me out so they could try it. I would not budge. Fortunately, I outweigh them both. Mommy really liked that she could put the carrier/bed in her office right by her feet and I could have two of my favorite things - a bed for a nap and my Mommy close by.



After that, Mommy took the carrier whenever she was going somewhere and wanted me with her. She was able to carry me into a number of stores but TARGET STILL would not allow me in the store even though I was in a carrier asleep. If I didn't weigh 17.5 pounds (I put on some weight) then it would be easier to carry me in it. Nonetheless, it is A LOT easier than trying to carry me in her arms. I get HEAVY real fast. Molly, on the other hand, is a featherweight and can be carried with little to no effort.



After I got used to the weightlessness of being lifted in the bag, I was pretty cool with it. It beats WALKING all the time. I missed the pee-mail and other assorted smells at ground level, though.

For going over the MEADOWS and through THE WOODS to GRANDMOTHER'S house, this is the perfect bag. It is nice looking, comfortable and sturdy. The outside of the bag can be wiped down to clean, too. And the bed is so so comfy.



We all gave it paws up for comfort and roominess. Did I say it was SOFT? And, I think, it is pretty nice looking.

The ends and one side of the Gen7Pets carrier are mesh for maximum breathing. It also lets the pet, whoever that might be, see out. I really thought that was a cool feature (see how I used my words there?). The cat carrier Mommy used once to transport me to Bellatrix's birthday party had no windows and it unsettled me. I got very very nervous when the BART train was in a tunnel and making a lot of noise because I could not see that I was not in danger. So this bag gets major props for the mesh "windows".

Overall, we give this carrier 10 PAWS UP. We refrained from giving it 12 only because (1) it is possibly not airline usable; and (2) the bottom is a little soft - sturdy but not stiff - which is why I feel weightless when first lifted. But hey! If you are just going on car trips it is PERFECT.

** We received ONE (1) carrier from Chewy.com free of charge for the purpose of trying the product out and developing an opinion of it. We were/are not paid for any opinions in this blog AND all opinions and observations are ours alone. We thank Chewy.com for this opportunity.

4 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

That looks like a really cool carrier/bed. It looks so comfy and it fits two of you!
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

Julie said...

What a pawfect carrier/bed, ideal for a Princess that travels!!!!
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx

Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady said...

That is a cool bag.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words about the Gen7 Sleeper. We are happy to hear that it is well-liked by you and your pets!