Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How Did All Those Pugs Fit?

Stuck in Lodi, again? But Mommy, I have never BEEN to Lodi!

OMD I was so excited when I got up Sunday morning. I knew it was the BIG DAY - PugSavers PUG-O-WEEN! I could NOT wait!!! I KNEW my pals Bellatrix, Spencer, Zoey and Phoebe were also going to be there and THAT made me EXTRA happy.

It was a long . . . long . . . LONG drive to the place the party was held - Lodi is over an hour from our house IF WE DON'T GET LOST. We didn't EXACTLY get lost, we just misplaced our way a little - like about 10 miles! Oh Mommy - next time LOOK at the directions, PRINT them out, BRING a map or, gulp, use the GPS!!!!! Thank you Bellatrix's mommy for talking us in, SHEESH!

When we FINALLY got there I was completely taken aback by the LOVELY farmland everywhere. WINE GRAPES are the main crop in Lodi. It was so amazing. We turned down the CORRECT street, finally, and the street was tree-lined, with white fences and large trim ranch-style houses . . . . lovely. We were ushered onto the grounds and led to a parking place. By now I could SMELL dogs and HEAR them barking. OMD! It sounded like they were having so much fun.

We were let into the TWO gates by some very nice ladies (Hey Mommy! That lady in the BLUE t-shirt looks familiar .. . . I THINK she is Spencer's Grandma!!!). They gave up tickets and a schedule of events THEN told us to HAVE FUN!!!! First I checked out all the tables (I understand the FOOD was there) and got my bearings. Notice ALL THE GRASS! Notice I am NOT ON A LEASH!

FREEDOM!!!!!

I went a little giddy with the excitement of it all.

Look at all the people!!! And with them all were 2-3-4 A LOT of PUGS!!!! Pugs of all sizes and colors. A few puggles were also there. I think I saw one pup-pal that MIGHT have been pug and chihuahua. BUT it was pure, unadulterated and absolute PUG HEAVEN.

Hey! Look over there in the back . . . . . . I think I see Bellatrix, Spencer, Zoey and Phoebe . . . Oh yes, and there are the PAWrents as well.

More on them tomorrow.

13 comments:

Payton said...

Look at all that great green grass to run around on! This is going to be fun!
Love,
Payton

Unknown said...

that looks like a very nice time and oh that grass looks like it would be so soft to lay on. Why is it the pugs always have the fun meetups :)

Stop on by and enter my giveaway for some treats :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a very cool event. Imagine if all the Frenchies and pugs got together? It would be a snort fest
Benny & Lily

moPSY+MISIOber said...

Can't wait what will happen next ;) it looks like great party :) and I realy LOVE you sweetest face on first pic.!!! xxx Gosia

Minnie Moo said...

So jealous. Looks like fun.
Well not jealous ya'll got lost, but jealous you got to see all the cool peeps! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Heather said...

Noodles, you looks so cute in the back seat! It looks so warm there, I am very jealous. I heard my mom say that this week it might snow a little. Snow before Halloween? Brrrrr.

Frank The Tank said...

Wow it looks like super fun! Pug-o-rama at Pug-o-ween! I'm excited to hear the next installment! Love and pHUGS Frank x x x

Crabbie Chris said...

I was so happy you made it Noodles. Thanks for sharing the pink hairspray, my curl was hot!! I'm glad you got pictures, my mom forgot the camera (gosh). Pugtacular happens in December...there are big time contests and races there.

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

THAT is a LOT of PUGS!! Can't wait to see and hear MORE about it!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like it would have been a blast!! :)

xo
Luna

Kari in Alaska said...

oooo we just can't wait to hear more

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Gosh,,, there are sooooo many cutie pie pugs out there! What a fun day, and plenty of room to romp and play..
We cannot wait to see more
love
tweedles

Chrissi said...

That looks like a fin day. Can't wait to see more pics.
Hugs
Chrissi & Mathilde