Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Loot

Me and all my Easter Loot

Easter rolled came by for a visit yesterday. I knew something was up from all the cleaning, cooking and whispering going on among all of the adults in the house. I was pretty sure it wasn't Christmas again because I have not yet had my BIRTHDAY - the other main celebration in my year. So I couldn't figure out what was up.

Sunday morning I got up, as usual; and did my bidness while chatting with my minions in the 'hood, as usual. Then I came inside and ate my breakfast - again, as usual. It wasn't until I was walking around scratching my noggin in an effort to wake up more that I noticed a lot of colorful EGGS all over the floor and up the stairs. What is the Wild Wild World of Sports is goin' on here, I thought.

Well, it appears the Easter Bunny had visited while we all slept and littered the whole house with these PLASTIC eggs. They were EVERYWHERE. I kept pawing at them and sniffing them in order to figure out what was up. It was then that I decided to ACCIDENTALLY knock one off a low stair in hopes of cracking this CASE wide open.

It worked - but as soon as the plastic EGG opened the yelling began - "No! No! No!" and "Don't you DARE touch that!" and so on. Somewhere along the way I heard the dreaded word CHOCOLATE and I knew I had tiptoed into dangerous territory. So I stepped away from the scene, head down, sorrowful look in my eyes. 

Sometime later the kids in the family - cat, dogs and birds excepted - gathered all of the plastic eggs and excitedly cracked them all open. It is a ritual that usually happens outside and that is where I was confused! Much later Mommy explained to me that due to the rain the Easter Egg Hunt had to be moved indoors.

There was an extra Easter Egg basket loaded with all kinds of goodies of the canine variety. There were Pugs in the Kitchen treats, Hedgie chewies, a Pugs in the Kitchen Stuffie and collar charm. . . so much stuff. . . It was MINE! ALL MINE!!!! Mine! Mine! Mine!

Except for one little thing

MOLLY!
Me and Molly with OUR Easter basket full of goodies.


I hope you all had as much Easter Fun as I did.



HAPPY THOUGHT OF THE DAY: When life brings rain, there is always a rainbow somewhere.

12 comments:

Idaho PugRanch said...

Oh Noodles, sorry your Easter weather was rain, it was soo nice at our house it was the first year Dad remembers that the chocolate started to melt in the eggs. And we got the same "No NO don't go near the chocolate" too. We did get some bites of french toast though!
hugs
Bailey, Hazel & Greta

stellaroselong said...

Imagine 8 grandmonsters running around with baskets looking for eggs, and trying not to get stepped on and hearing the same things, "put the candy up so the pugs don't get it!!"
stella rose and mags

Two French Bulldogs said...

What!! We are moving in. You got loot alright. We got zip-o nothing
Snorts,
Benny & Lily

Matilda the Boxer said...

Wow, you let that Easter Bunny into your HOUSE?! You didn't bark and chase it away??? Come on, Noodles, you can't relax your vigilance. Those little bunny hoodlums are trying to take over our neighborhoods!

Anonymous said...

Noodles it looks like your Easter was just pretty darn good buddy!

Your Pals
the Mad Scots

Pug Slope said...

Sounds like you had a fun Easter, Noodles. That Easter basket you and Molly got is LOADED with goodies. Hope you enjoy it!

-Love,
Sid.

P.S. You'd be disturbed to know how fast I ate one of those hedgie things once. It was the first and LAST time I was given one!

Adriana Robles said...

Sounds like you got some wonderful treats from the Easter bunny! Good for you, Noodles. :)

vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

Oakley and Swisher said...

Whoa that was a close call with the Chocolate. But turned out you got your own Easter basket full of treats! We've got Pugs in the Kitchen goodies before from our girlfriends. Great stuff.

lots of licks,
Swisher and Oakley

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Noodles! I'm sure you really enjoy celebrating this day with your family! :)
--
Pet Supplies

Meredith LeBlanc said...

You had us at Pugs in the Kitchen...

We love those treats! And we think you're cuter than the Easter bunny :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Flea said...

You had to share?!? NOOOOOOO! Nice treats, though, Noodles.
www.dogtreatweb.com

Payton's mom said...

Score!
Love,
Christy